Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCF-Plated Chevy Cavalier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CF-Plated Chevy Cavalier
    Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 7:03am
Not one you see everyday ..... On I-395 southbound yesterday, there was a bright red SOV Chevy Cavalier with CF plates. Upon closer look, it had a "clean natural gas" sticker at the bottom of the rear glass. "Green", like all the Metro Bus fleet. [;)]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 11:08am
to my knowledge, only PEPCO has CNG vehicles and there isnt ONE single cavalier (that I know of) that is a hybrid.
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 11:22am
no, sludge is right...I've seen the metro buses
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 12:55pm
So have I, but I know of -0- chevy cavalier's that are CNG powered.
Wagonman View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 5:44pm
quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
[br]So have I, but I know of -0- chevy cavalier's that are CNG powered.

The federal government had some that were CNG. Someone could have bought it as surplus. They also could have paid for a conversion(unlikely). The thing that worries me is that some of them are bi-fuel vehicles. That means it may be running on gas. I don't trust VA DMV to know that and deny them CF plates.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 11:38am
Saw the same red Cavalier again yesterday afternoon. [:)]
It exited the HOVs at Springfield.
Didn't appear to have any PEPCO, METRO, or any oher company affiliation markings.
Female driver, running on "Clean, Natural Gas". [:)]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 12:04pm
ok, I will start researching this and post my findings.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 12:07pm
ok, in 2003 some were made, and here are the specs on them.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/FEG2003_AltFuelVehicles.pdf

Just for the record, the Cavalier was discontinued in 2004. The Cobalt was its replacement in 2005.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:39pm
bigmike,

It could have been a conversion kit on it too. I think VDOT has to certify the installation and do an emissions test before the owner can get CF plates.

Anyway, it was an unusual HOV site to see.
Have a great rainy weekend. [:)]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:57pm
actually, it shouldnt be too bad. I am helping a member from this board buy a laptop this weekend. :-)

PLEASE everyone drive safe on this rainy weekend we have coming up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic