Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

$3 Gas = Longer Slug Lines ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 5:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
[br]Actually, I was considering the new Civic. $15k and I get 40mpg on the highway. Thats almost hybrid territory.

big - it's not just the mileage, but also the emissions. Pay more but make the world a better place.

How many times do you have to be told that just because its a hybrid it doesn't mean it has better emissions? If you really wanted to make the world a better place you'd tell him to buy the Civic GX which runs on CNG and is much cleaner than the hybrids.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 5:41pm
And how much does THAT puppy run? Not many stations sell CNG in woodbridge, if any. I mean, think of it like this, the 06 Civic gets 30 city, 40 highway, is a ULEV vehicle which is close to 0 emissions, is as quick as the cavalier, only uses 87 octane, and will cost a measly $15k brand spanking new!

The choice seems obvious to me.

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 9:05pm
I never intended this string to become another hybrid debate. But seems that's where almost all new topics end up now. [:(]
Is this website a slug lines info exchange, or is it a hybrids/no-hybrids debate site? [:(]
If I read correctly, it's named "Slug-Lines.com". [8D]
Oh well, a sluDgE salute to all you carpools, slugs, and slug drivers out there. It just shows we learned to share in kindergarten.[:)]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 8:05am
Ok, picture this: 6:45 AM 610, Mine Road lot-
MANY parking spaces open
LONG LINE of CARS!
Few slugs....

So weird. Yes, I know alot of kids in Stafford are on spring break, and its supposed to be sunny and 82 today, but, its still weird!!!

:'}
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 8:07am
Sponge - why is it that we don't hear about NYC being the most congested commuting location? Perhaps it IS because of the very high cost of parking. In my travels in and about NYC, I don't recall there being HOV lanes.

Seems as though the high cost of operating POV has led to reliance on public transportation - not a carpool or slug situation. Interesting that ridership on the Metro is at record high now that gas is also at a record high...
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 8:09am
There really is no room for HOV lanes IN NYC...because there is an emergency lane for ambulances and police.

BUT- Long Island does have an HOV system, it is one open lane in each travel direction, E&W that is heavily utilized, I do believe there is a bus lane also. Many people who work in NYC commute from all over LI daily.

122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 8:26am
Definitely longer slug lines.

At $3.00+ per gallon, the 20 minutes each way that I save by hauling slugs just isn't worth it. Especially when so many bottom feeders just don't appreciate a free ride. I spend $12 per day on gas alone, saving each of two bottom feeders the same amount or more.

I'm currently trying to form a carpool, but in the meantime I'll be taking the train and riding my motorcycle. If any other drivers (who are tired of hauling unappreciative bottom feeders)down in Freddiesburg want to get together for some pooling, let me know.

There will be one less free ride for all you bottom feeders to whine about Monday.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
flatulentsluggerhugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulentsluggerhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 9:45am
Just want to say, that whoever ended up moving out to the "boondocks" because the housing was cheaper SHOULD NOT BE COMPLAINING!!!! You made the choice of moving far from your jobs. Now just deal with the commuting problems and gas prices until you retire, move to a less conjested area, or end up getting a job closer to where you live.

DON'T CRY AND WHINE OVER THE CHOICES THAT YOU'VE MADE!!!!!!!

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 10:19am
wow...did you cut and paste that?

mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2006 at 11:42am
My wait times in the afternoon have doubled over the last year. The morning is worse also, but not to the same degree.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic