Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DonotSlam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 3:48pm
I think it's best to take out the agression on the drivers car door than the driver themself, Some of these drivers look like the just got out of prison!
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2006 at 7:48pm
Warren,

I don't think people intentionally slam doors. Often, like in my case, it's not apparent that a car door will close with the lightest touch and I inadvertently slam it. You may encounter the oddball, rude, obnoxious, or delusional person that will intentionally slam your door, but be grateful that's all they do to your car – yes, if you and others don’t pick up that kind of people they will go away.

As two people get out of a car, the first person that closes their door should find it easier to close than the second door because of the air pressure that needs to be overcome. Are most people considering this when closing doors? I’ve partially closed doors a number of times and had to open then close it more forcefully because I misjudged the amount of force required to close the last door.. Do you ask your passengers to consider this so that each particular door has just enough force to close?

A slammed door can be annoying, but I don't think you want to discover that your door is partially closed as you drive down the road. As a driver, I can’t recall anyone slamming my doors but if I somehow focused on the closing of doors, I would probably be very sensitive to how my doors were being closed. Admittedly, I can tolerate quite a bit of offensive behavior and know that there are more important things to be concerned about in life.

Goober
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic