Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DonotSlam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DonotSlam
    Posted: 08 Jun 2006 at 9:26am
[8D]I have an issue with my ears and when the car door is slammed, 1. the loud noise hurt my ears and 2. the pressure it hurt my ear drums. I constantly ask folks not to slam the door and when the get out what do they do...SLAM MY DOOR. I know the pepole that are doing it and if they slam my door one more time, I will get out of my car and pick the people I know are respectful in this regard. Or I will go to another slug line and pick up someone else. You know who you are. Again, PLEASE DO NOT SLAM MY DOOR!!!! I drive a white Acura TL Type S. and pick up at at the Mount Clair (sp) to 14th St and Pentagon to 17 in the evenings. It is a prevelage to be a part of slugging, helping others, and riding on the HOV. Thanks for not slamming my door.
fatboy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2006 at 12:06pm
I agree, albeit for another reason. Slamming the door is not necessary. Vehicles these days are finely engineered, except for all of the stuff inside the door! Repetitive slamming causes mechanical problems which equate to $ out of my pocket. Some people either a) do not listen, b) do not care, or c) nevermind, won't go there[:D]

fatboy
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2006 at 12:47pm
I agree with you fat boy. The window in a civic I had needed a new window mechanism from repeated slamming. My bass box used to wiggle the door screws loose too, man that was funny!!

GMHP was hea!
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2006 at 2:31pm
Unfortunately, I have one passenger who always seems to slam my car door. She claims that her van has a heavier door and she is used to applying some force to close the door. Now, my fellow drivers, do you think I should tell my WIFE to find another ride? As for my slugs, I have told my wife that the slugs all manage to close the door properly.
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2006 at 2:54pm
My car has long heavy doors, that look like they need a lot of force, but they are balanced well. Once you get to swinging them they feel as light as any other regular car. People have a tendency to slam mine too. I wish they wouldn't :(
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 8:54am
Lol Oosik, my hubby does that with the front door, I'm waiting for the ceiling to crack!!

GMHP was hea!
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 11:50am
Just take the windows out and weld the doors shut you sillybilly bumblebee.
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 2:30pm
tee hee....looks like someone had a liquid lunch!

GMHP was hea!
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 3:43pm
No slamming of the doors, no slam dancing!
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 3:46pm
What happens if you don't slam the door hard enough, the driver takes off and the remaining slug in the backseat falls out? Who's to blame?

AND what if you slam it too hard and your business coat gets stuck it the door, the driver takes off like a bat out of you know where and drags you 4 blocks all batter and bruised.

Do you get mad or get even by removing his door?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic