Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Violators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2006 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Oosik

At what time do you see any violators getting tickets?

Actually this morning I saw 2 cars pulled over getting on HOV in dale city and then another 4 cars pulled over by the Springfield interchange. That was good to see. I do agree that they can do better, but I have seen a drop in the violaters...except, of course, on Fridays with the out of towners hoping on HOV to avoid the massive congestion. I usually don't leave until 7am or 7:30am, so maybe the cops are on the road at that time and not too much earlier....I don't know. If you are on at 6:10, I am sure you see a lot of violaters....doesn't HOV open at 6am?
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2006 at 3:47pm
This morning There was an accident,I waved at the other cars to slow down and the guy in the first car started waving at me and collided with the accident cars, then the ambulance came around the corner too fast and collided with them. I couldn't believe it. I thought I was watching a cartoon.
Sticky Bandaid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sticky Bandaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 10:18am
Consider the following: There is only so much space to string beads on a necklace.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 10:35am
MDC - the only arguments which have been debunked = by facts! = are yours. Mine have been validated by other posters, historical records, and even video clips.

NoSB - the arguments do not conflict. First off, TODAY there is excess capacity in the express lanes - and way too little in the regular lanes. There are several solutions. One is to allow more vehicles from the regular lanes into the express lanes - the hybrid exemption did just that. Should the express lanes slow to the speed limit, then it is possible to go HOV-40 to ease that congestion.

As many have pointed out, there are some who purchase a hybrid just to use the above speed limit express lanes during commuting hours. As the population density grows and capacity is not increased, those same people are going to find other ways to buy a faster commute. Sponge has already hinted at what that will be - toll roads. And because the system can't figure out how many people are in a private vehicle, the only way to avoid paying a toll is to take public transportation.

Toll roads combined with increased use of buses is the quickest way to ease congestion. It will suck for slugs, but it's better for the environment to put them into a bus (HOV-40). So much for refusing to pay for your commute.

Quite clearly, the death of the hybrid exemption only makes the toll roads the better option. My delegate and senator are well aware of this.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2006 at 11:09am
NoSUV,

Incorrect on excess capacity. Consider the extensive back up which occurs every Friday south of where you drive. You might consider riding the entire HOV lane from north to south everyday of the workweek to make a more informed call. Your data and route of travel are VERY limited. Might want to let your delegate and senator know that too. ---on the other hand, won't matter to them, they got their campaign contributions from you via your friendly hybrid huckster.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Atlantis99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2006 at 5:52am
On the point of HOV Violators --- I'd like to rant about the jumpers who mis-time thier I395 jump and find themselves at the FFC pkwy before 6pm --- so they pull over to the side of the I95 to wait it out.

The other day there must have been 10 - 12 of these folks sitting there which is dangerous --- not only do they take away my emergency lane (swerving car, flat tire, etc) but when they jump back in from a dead stop and try to merge with southbound traffic at speed --- that is an accident waiting to happen.

I petition the state to patrol that area between 5:50pm and 6:00pm and ticket anybody who doesnt have a legitimate reason for being stopped on the side of the road. Same levels of fines as the HOV cheaters should apply, since they would be cheaters if they continued another 500 feet down the road.

MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 11:45am
Then, why is it that you haven't convinced anyone but yourself? I've seen you support none of your arguements in a way that stands to reason. I'd like to see these "video clips"...
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 12:02pm
WWOOO-HHHOOOO!!!! You go girl!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 12:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]Then, why is it that you haven't convinced anyone but yourself? I've seen you support none of your arguements in a way that stands to reason. I'd like to see these "video clips"...

MDC: Actually, seems that it wasn't just me who convinced nearly all of the legislators in VA. The video clips were posted by bigmike before Admin exiled him, and several of your fellow doubters reviewed them. The postings went from disbelief to safety concerns. Sorry you failed to see them for the month they were up.

On the flip side, it would be a refreshing change to see you provide some verifiable facts instead of just saying the same non-truths over and over.
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 2:39pm
Yeah, it's like watching a re-run.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic