Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOV Violators

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOV Violators
    Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 8:10am
Re: Washington Post article today on page B3 referring to the police cracking down on HOV violators and Hybrids. After the last few years of supposedly crack downs, how long will crack downs last and how effective will it be in the future? In my opinion, the effort may be effective for a few days; however, it probably goes back to the normal backups as it always has. If the State can't control violators in regular vehicles, how will they be able to control Hybrids violators after July 1st?
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 9:06am
Last week as I was waiting to turn on to HOV at about 6:05 or so at Springfield and I had a cheater in front of me and a cheater behind me. Yesterday I drove on I-66 at 6 p.m. and noticed numerous HOV cheaters. Today was the first time, in months, that I have actually seen a cop on HOV enforcing the law on 395. If they want to get cars off the road the police have to enforce the law with regard to using HOV.
ap1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2006 at 10:19am
I'm a reporter in Washington seeking on-the-record comments/reaction from drivers to upcoming changes in HOV/Hybrid enforcement along I-95/I-395.

I have questions for all sides of the issue: Hybrid drivers, drivers rushing to buy a hybrid by the end of the month and for drivers who have their morning-drive clogged by people riding solo in Hybrids.

Contact Ashton at The Associated Press (202)-736-9690. Thanks for your help!

chmp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2006 at 10:26am
Slugging from Bobs today I saw something very wonderful. Traffic in the regular lanes was crawling along and at the next HOV entrance (I think that is at Duke, not so sure though) a single driver is getting on in a white car, right behind her was flashing lights. She barely got off the on ramp before she was pulled over. Kudos to the cops who monitor the ramps!!!

For someone who takes the trouble to adjust my schedule around slugging in the morning, not that it is a hassle at all, it is nice to see cops enforcing HOV on cheaters.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2006 at 11:10am
AP1- Hybrids should follow HOV3 rules. Policing of HOV violaters is highly lacking, when they do enforce HOV rules, say, in the afternoons at the end of HOV, they miss many of the violators because they are not organized, and often cause more traffic than the dumb drivers staring at a minivan with a flat tire! You cant please them all. These issues will be ongoing, just wait till the push of tolls comes around again.

GMHP was hea!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2006 at 11:22am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]AP1- Hybrids should follow HOV3 rules. That policing of HOV violaters is highly lacking, and that when they do enforce HOV rules, say, in the afternoons at the end of HOV, they miss many of the violators because they are not organized, and often cause more traffic than the dumb drivers staring at a minivan with a flat tire! You cant please them all. These issues will be ongoing, just wait till the push of tolls comes around again.

GMHP was hea!

Not true GMHP. The other thread of the day mentions how a driver traveled well over the speed limit in the express lanes during HOV hours (there was also a posting and video by bigmike before ADMIN cleaned him out) - this one discusses how slow the regular lanes are. When the express lanes move only at the speed limit through congestion, you might have an argument, but right now, WITH hybrid in the express lanes, the traffic imbalance CLEARLY points to continuing and expanding the successful hybrid exemption program.
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2006 at 11:25am
I dont agree with you, alot of those clear driving speeding drivers were reffering to morning commute. Im talking about the afternoons. The merge is almost always backed up when HOV is being enforced.

GMHP was hea!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2006 at 11:38am
Thread from hawaiiangirl says the 85 mph the whole way was pm commute on 6/12 (a Monday). When you look to your right, have you seen many opportunities for cars in the regular lanes to do that during commuting hours?
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2006 at 11:50am
I'm not arguing with you, all I said is that I don't agree with you. I'm not going by what hawaiiangirls stated in her posting, I'm going by what I have experienced myself in the past three years.

GMHP was hea!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2006 at 2:09pm
NoSUV,

You know better than to believe everything you read...esp on a forum like this.

Quoting something like that with all the emotion packed in there is like building a house on a foundation of sand at the beach (or is it levees of sand in NO, LA?).

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic