Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where did all the Potomac Mills drivers go...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drelvistoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where did all the Potomac Mills drivers go...
    Posted: 14 Jun 2006 at 12:46pm
in the evening, coming from Rosslyn?

Seems like its not bad in the morning heading from PM to Rosslyn, but in the evening, Potomac Mills drivers are few and far between. usually there's a big group at the front of the line waiting.

I don't get it. They drive there so they have to drive back, right? Why are they so scarce in the evening?
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2006 at 1:16pm
One factor I think we all agree on is that X percent of PM drivers in the morning go to Horner in the afternoon. Many people have complained about this as disloyal to Potomac slugs but it also has to do with all of the stores and restaurants along Pr Wm Parkway that people stop at in the afternoon.

Another theory I am kicking around is that a higher percentage of Potomac drivers are part time or most time slugs that have to drive becuase of an afternoon appointment. The only reason they are driving that day is because they are coming home early.
Atlantis99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2006 at 5:34am
Potomac is terrible to get in and out of in the evening as is Tacketts with its two left arrow turns. I think that Horner road has the best and most direct access to the local roads in the evening.

goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2006 at 7:10pm
Horner is good in many respects, but it is extremely good for getting away with vandalism.

Goober
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2006 at 8:50pm
I always take 3 from wherever the front of the line person is going in the afternoon, and normally they are potomac riders. (Red PT Cruiser). Roslyn in the past year has been feast or Famine. Sometimes the line is wrapped around building, and other times there is a line of cars. Lately, at Roslyn, the slugs are outnumbering the cars by a huge margin. I think it has allot to do with the warmer weather, and the price of gas...so, some of the bad loyalty may have to do with the slugs....

WBSlug7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBSlug7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 11:25am
Don't feel bad, we get the same problem at Crystal City, where drivers will opt to go to Horner in the PM instead and leaving the "Mills" slugs stranded until they reluctantly have to take us. I am always grateful for those loyal drivers who I can count on a ride home.

Forget Horner Rd, use Potomac Mills!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 11:32am
I also take whoever is at the front of the line (Rosslyn). Usually it's PM or Tacketts, but a few times this year Horner slugs made it to the front.

I disagree with Atlantis99 on both counts. Potomac Mills is easy to get in/out in the evening, and the light at Tackett's is more of an annoyance than a deterrent. I wouldn't want to wait for two light cycles there for sure but so far I haven't.
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2006 at 12:04pm
What i don't get is why the guy sitting next to you must shave his arms.
The stubbles irritate my skin and it's uncomfortable riding next to him.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic