Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

UGH!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2006 at 4:03pm
chmp,
Again, you are the one missing the point (and by the way, it wasn't me in the car with you). The point is you took a LITTLE thing and blew it out of proportion by your complaining. You seem way too uptight for slugging if you let those little things bother you. A good Christian does offer people information on their faith, they should not however be bombasting you with their ideas and making you take their pamphlet. However, this driver did not do any of that so therefore your complaint is a bit ridiculous. So please, for the sake of all of us good-natured slugs, lighten up!![;)]
chmp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2006 at 4:45pm
I knew I was going to get a response!! Who is uptight???????? HAHAHAHHHA
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2006 at 5:07pm
Notice the wink [;)] at the end of my post...
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2006 at 8:53am
shelbybrynn, thank goodness most of the drivers and slugs are apparently "bad" christians who don't share their faith -- keeping that and politics to themselves. With everything, there is a time, place and manner for most things. I just don't see the need for drivers or passengers to pass along their religious, political or social causes pamphlets to others who are simply looking for a quick and / or free ride.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2006 at 12:42pm
.... you know, it's been a very long time since we've had slugs complain about invitations/solicitations to AmWay, Tupperware, Mary Kay, etc. events while slugging. And now it's moved on to religious solicitation complaints. It's all just marketing, who does it, and the environment it's conducted. [:(]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2006 at 12:42pm
Well, about the only things worth talking about are the things that are listed as "off the board". Other than that it's all drivel and doesn't mean much in the scheme of life.

It IS possible to discuss these issues as long as folks treat others with the courtesy and respect we should all be providing to others in our everyday lives. The lack of courtesy and respect in the car or on this board almost necessitates discussing these weightier matters in order to turn (in some limited fashion) the course of society as we now see it.

When I drove, I conversed with any number of people on things that do matter in life. Now that I slug, I abide by the rules to "shut up" unless the driver wants to talk. I'll still go to the weighty issues and stay there. I've not found a driver yet who wanted to talk and then not want to discuss faith and politics.

IMHO (ok, maybe not so H at times), courtesy and respect foster any number of conversations on ANY topic that may arise.

I don't care for pamphlets (or tracts) either. If you don't care enough to engage in dialogue with me, why would I want to read propaganda?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
RCA View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2006 at 2:04pm
quote:
Originally posted by chmp
[br]I complained about havign a two door car, which does suck when you are wearing a skirt and trying to get out for the whole world to see, and I complained about being solicited for religous reason. I myself being religous abide by the slug rules of no politics, sex, or religion.

So if that is "a bunch" of things I am sorry, but I feel that 2 things is not a bunch of things. I am a good slug, I get in and shut up.

Religous solicitation does not belong in the slug line and NO I do not have to adapt to that. I will just avoid the car from now on, notice I did not say the make of the car, where I was going, or anything to tip anyone off to the car, just that I would avoid the car and reminder to not solicit religously in the slug line.

Well, think of it this way...In regards to your skirt and the "whole world" seeing...pick the next car through, or learn how to get in and out of a car without flashing your wears. I'm sure that there weren't droves of papparazzi waiting to catch a peak of your loons.

Also, you really didn't have announce that you were mormon, anymore than that person had to solicit you. I get handed stuff all the time, I typically say thank you, fold it up, and discard it the first chance I get. After that, I don't think about it anymore.

You do realize that just because we are a certain religion (whatever that might be) - we can always read and learn about others. I mean, no matter what your belief the object is tolerance.

Now - let me get off my soapbox and tell you to chill out, and push come to shove - where longer dresses ([:D]) - It was a joke.

Take care.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2006 at 12:44am
Jesus Christ people.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2006 at 1:04pm
Amen!

Let's try to remember that this system is 100% voluntary. And as most sluggers are regulars who see the same drivers and riders in line each day, we can scope out the rides/riders. Sluggers: if you don't like the driver, don't ride with them. Drivers: if you don't like the slug, ask for the next person in line. All: if you don't like the system, take a bus. Simple! Problem solved!
abomb36 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abomb36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2006 at 10:09am
The driver didn't complain when I rubbed his neck with the hand of Jesus did he, chmp? In fact he began speaking in toungues as we levitated to the Pentagon. It was magnificent and it is unfortunate that you did not feel the same about our experience.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic