Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedI'm so happy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 7:28am
rod - I'm impressed by your logic. Do you have any facts to back up the rationale that HOV is safer for motorcycles? Any statistics?

After all, many on this board are hybrid bashers, even though logic as well as statistics indicate that hybrids are better for the environment as well as fuel consumption than conventional vehicles - yet still they are in denial. I'm just saying that there don't appear to be any highway statistics to back your logic.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 8:24am
NoSUV,
I suggest you read the links more carefully. The state has to determine that safety is at risk by allowing motorcycles in HOV in order for them to disallow it. There is no provision requiring that they prove that HOV is safer.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 8:51am
Congrats, rod, you have been initiated! I'm sure being attacked by NoSUVs rants and raves feels more like hazing, but that's how NoSUV responds to anyone who does not see the world through "NoSUV, rose-colored" glasses. NoSUV obviously has an agenda that NoSUV will not admit to here, but instead perpetuates a self-centered and narrow-minded argument in support of SOV hybrids in the HOV lanes.

NoSUV believes that we should all support the auto manufacturers and overpay for obsolete hybrid technology that will keep us indebited to foriegn oil producing nations, instead of demanding that auto manufacturers develop renewable, sustainable fuel alternatives (the technology already exists!). NoSUV either does not understand that or will not admit that foriegn oil dependency undermines our nation's economic stability, our national security, and, oh by the way, fossil fuels pollute so much we are facing the most radical climate changes since that which caused the extinction of the dinosaurs!

Wait a minute, did I just say that hybrids are contributing to the extinction of the humans?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 10:12am
MDC - so, what FACTS did VA use in the motorcycle determination? None?

raymond - Did you have a chance to read the Outlook section in the Post on Sunday 7/2 and how ethanol is more likely to cause extinction of the human race than alternatives? Are you really against more efficient use of the resources we have? Do you really want to promote excessive greenhouse gasses by using conventional vehicles over hybrids? Do you care that little for your childern?

Folks, you can keep waiting for something better, or you can get off the sidelines and DO. I know you probably don't believe that you are personally killing our planet by refusing to make environmentally sound choices. No one really wants to, which is why we may be doomed. If every car in that commuter lot was either a hybrid or an alternate fueled vehicle, I'd be more willing to belive that you really care = but you as a group and individually don't. You intentionally live miles away from your work and then complain that the commute is long; you refuse to take mass transit; and you refuse to purchase environmentally sound vehicles. It's nearly unbelievable.
rodmunera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodmunera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 10:26am
Bottom line,

You cry about greenhouse effects and children but your agenda is, SOV for hybrids is the way to go.
rodmunera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodmunera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 10:37am
There is no need for statistical data when scientific data is available (e.g. physics)

But ok, let's argue:

The only way to gather such data would be to take the traffic accident report of motorcycles riding on the regular lanes without HOV priviledges.

Likely outcome: more accidents for motorcycle riders.

The government is charged with the safety of its citizens while preserving their freedoms, so putting motorcycle riders at risk by removing them from the HOV lanes so that you can gather data to convince you of what the government already knows to be physically true, would be and unnecessary risk.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 1:58pm
rod - do you suppose there are statistics for motorcycle helmets for accidents with and without their use? I would guess that there LIKELY is. I also suspect that if it were statistically relevant, there is data on motorcylce accidents in regular vs HOV lanes as a percentage of use. Or is it just that the motorcycle lobby is more powerful than the hybrid lobby?
rodmunera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodmunera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 2:37pm
LOL!! motorcycle lobby!!
You are too much!

Apples and Oranges, you're not asking people to drive without helmets.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 2:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by rodmunera
[br]LOL!! motorcycle lobby!!
You are too much!

Apples and Oranges, you're not asking people to drive without helmets.

So, are you saying that one is mandatory safety related and the other is optional? I'm confused. Do you mean to say that helmets are just a fashion statement?
Either the use by motorcycles in HOV lanes is a safety matter or it isn't. Please make up your mind. If it is safety related, please provide verifiable facts/statistics.
rodmunera View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rodmunera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2006 at 3:25pm
Ok rephrasing for the challenged:

Apples and oranges, You're not asking people to ride without helmets to collect data. But you are asking people to be banned from HOV lanes to collect data.

With me and motorcycles it's always about safety, but what does wearing helmets have to do with motorcycles riding the HOV?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic