Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedIndependence Day for Slugs NO MORE HYBRIDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 2:52pm
I slug, therefore I am!

You are asking a fair question SB2M, but I think you lost several readers with your exercises in algebra and modeling. I dummied my 'Passenger' MPG vs. SOV MPG argument down for the likes of those who still cling to the 'buy-your-way-out-of-it' hybrid argument.

Best long term solution so far: fill up your seats and ride the HOV lanes! HOVs help to solve so many problems.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2006 at 5:18am
Hey Ray, I noticed that I may have been too abstract. I suppose that is my mistake, but it does humor and surprise me to see that the only response is of the dumbass nature from Bob (ad hominem much?). No offense Bob, but I've slugged with you (14th and NY) before way back before I bought a hybrid and you know what, you're a lot smarter than you look. You're especially non-threatening in person, it's funny to see you behave that way on a forum.

I agree with you on that point: the best long term solution is to HOV regardless. I carry passengers from time-to-time in my hybrid, so I hope this at least offsets the effect of SOV riders. Either way, that hybrid people are wanting off the HOV lane will still be there whether it has one passenger or three (if required by law).

I think the main concern for the community as a whole is the HOT conundrum, NOT hybrids.

n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 8:35am
If you HOV/hybrid to work SB2M, then your PMPGs (passenger MPGs) must be off the scale. Wow, imagine 40 or 50 MPG X 4 passengers! Way to go! Now that's a great example of taking local action to help solve global problems.

What if NoSUV and every other hybrid driver did this? OMG, its a revolution! Whoopieee! Who needs the exemption? Look what happens when we don't rely on the government to think for us, or to legislate a 'lowest common intelligence denominator' bandaid solution.

Agreed, no good will come to the populace from HOT.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 9:17am
Sorry Raymond, there aren't enough riders to fill all of the hybrids. HOV is not about efficient use of vehicles anymore. It's about riding solo in cars that are purchased for a premium. I would be in favor of hybrids if they were required to have at least 3 people. Now, I'm against them entirely.

Hybrids
Killed
HOV
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 9:30am
SB2M: how can you accuse Good Ole Bob of an ad hominem attack when you respond by remarking on his appearance? Who cares what he looks like or how threatening he is? I mean, we can't all be square and yellow, like me.

But let me tell you something you high-bred owning, non-slugging whining little troll, very few people have done more in the fight to preserve the best use of the HOV lanes on 95 than Our Own Bob. He's written more letters to the editors and to VDOT, attended more public forums, and done more behind-the-scenes research than anyone I know, including even Robert Lang whose done a heckuva lot, too.

He's on your side, you know? Everyone loses when they build toll roads -- it appears you understand that. Or should.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2006 at 7:35pm
Spongebob:
Read my earlier post regarding my mathematical modeling--I'm all for slugging, hell I pick slugs up, so I suppose you're right about one fact: I don't slug; I just drive...for all that's worth. If you would like to see my report, which I have also sent to in letters to appropriate channels, then please let me know, I will be more than happy to email it to you. Everybody is entitled to their right to bitch on this forum whether its drivers, slugs or myself, let's watch our liberal usage of the word "troll."
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2006 at 11:15am
Right, you are not a troll. I was thinking of NoSUV, who is a troll, and has so claimed in several posts.

Thank you for driving. Please lay off Bob.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2006 at 4:09pm
No problems here, have a great weekend (I love Flex scheduling)!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2006 at 11:15am
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]Right, you are not a troll. I was thinking of NoSUV, who is a troll, and has so claimed in several posts.

Thank you for driving. Please lay off Bob.

Sponge - can you tell us the reason why there's a separate category on hybrids at slug-lines.com? Is it just to hear you bitch?
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2006 at 4:48pm
If you had ever bothered to read my postings, you'd see that I consistently maintain that the high-bred issue is a distraction from the real concern of toll roads.

The few times I have weighed in on high-breds, I've defended their right to use the HOV lanes through the original date they were promised, even though their presence can sometimes slow down traffic.

My derision of the high-bred is directed at the smugness of the high-bred owners, who falsely assert that they are driven by purer motivations than the rest of us. (I grant that some are, but most are not.)

I also have enjoyed tilting at your counter-sensical circular arguments in favor of high-breds.

To me, you are entertaining. What, am I boring you?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic