Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drop Off Point

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2006 at 3:38pm
Once again two rules apply: 1.)Driver sets the rules in their car. If the driver stated a destination and the rider accepted, it's agreed. 2.)Common courtesy applies. We need to communicate to each other with due respect. But it is not out of the question for a rider to say, "Could you let me get out at ____?" Or, upon nearing the destination the driver may say "Where would you like to get out?" If asked politely, no problem.

I regularly ride to L'Enfant or 7th & D. If the driver states 7th & D, I expect to go to the corner, but I have asked to be dropped off at the metro or mailbox and often the driver will offer alternate destinations. But its up to the driver; I am happy just to have a ride!

Drivers will usually oblige an early drop-off request. A notable exception is the Pentagon, where there is a designated drop-off location and an early drop-off could get you scolded by Police. Drivers also may have concerns with an early drop-off in traffic congested areas. In these cases, slugs should show respect for the driver by sticking to the agreed upon drop-off destination.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2006 at 3:48pm
BTW, SpongeBob is way off on this. No apology necessary (except from Sponge).

Thanks, chmp, for providing a plesant ride to those of us who choose to slug! Don't let a few sour apples ruin your enthusiasm on sluging, we're generally nice folks.
mroyal View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2006 at 4:32pm
It doesn't bother me to walk, so if the driver doesn't want to stop I'll take the called out location without a frown. However, as several have said, the norm is any crossroad on the street called out (e.g. 18th street up to XXth) If there is a red light just short of my intended location I'll hop out after letting the driver know of my intention and if green, the current trend is to drive through a green light and stop on the far corner of the cross street.
No big deal in any case. Just a matter of common courtesy.

Kindest Regards,

mroyal
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2006 at 5:52pm
Raymond points out that at the Pentagon there are designated drop off points. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop some slugs from asking if they can get out early. I have been asked a number of times if it's OK for a slug to get out while I wait in the line at the guardshack / stop sign when pulling into the Pentagon area as this is probably 25 feet closer to the Metro. I always tell them that I prefer dropping off people at the regular place. I don't ever get any lip back but there's one slug who would give me the exasperated look as if I were being evil somehow.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2006 at 8:51am
Shame on that slug, Oosik! You (driver) could get in trouble with the Pentagon Police for letting out riders in traffic. Not to mention your liability if that slug got hit by a car.

Thanks to you and all other slug drivers for providing safe and comfortable rides, and for putting up with a few "slug primadonnas."
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2006 at 11:33am
Isn't it your car? Do you need permission as a driver?
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2006 at 12:56pm
bumping subject up[
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2006 at 7:32pm
As long as you're not "bumping subject off". :)
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2006 at 6:58am
[:D] As the late, departed Joe Tex once sang:
"Ain't gonna bump no more with no big fat woman"! [:D]
happycommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happycommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2006 at 1:39pm
LOL!!!

I BUMPED A FAT CHICK BEFORE, NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

TRAFFIC IS HERE TO STAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST SIMPLY MOVE AWAY
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic