Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Smooth Jazz 105.9

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hokie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smooth Jazz 105.9
    Posted: 19 Feb 2002 at 8:14am
Quick question....does anyone REALLY enjoy listening to Smooth Jazz 105.9, or is it constantly played in 75% of cars because its a 'neutral' form of music that everyone can tolerate?? I hear this station played indiscriminatory in most cars, and I've got to question whether the drivers themselves even enjoy what they're hearing. Most of the music played on the station isn't even jazz, its music you hear while you're getting a root canal at the dentist office. Drivers, I know not everyone is going to like your preference in music, myself included, but hearing another person's preference offers variety, and it is a lot better than hearing the redundant elevator tunes that is Smooth Jazz 105.9. Just my playful rant for the day....no hard feelings for all you Smooth Jazz lovers out there.

Hokie
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2002 at 8:38am
Hey now, hey now...I really LIKE Boney James and George Benson. Kenny G? Well now that might be a different story...
JDivine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2002 at 12:42pm
I'll take the elevator music over the cram-it-down-your-throat religious stations any day!
Arby View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2002 at 1:21pm
Most cars I ride in listen to WTOP, NPR, or 94. (classic rock), all of which are worlds above the RAP I had to listen to one morning.

asiajef View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiajef Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2002 at 2:34pm
It sure beets the born-again christian sermons broadcasted over the radio. In my opinion, I'd take jazz over rap or a sermon.

dieruff View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dieruff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2002 at 5:40pm
It's the driver's choice. I've heard drivers listening to stations that broadcast in a language other than English. I have never thought anything about it. I don't pay attention because I cannot understand the language. Don't like smooth jazz or whatever is on 105.9FM. Don't pay attention. Just go to work and have a nice day.

kam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2002 at 7:54am
None of the stations really bother me as I usually fall asleep in the morning anyway for a quick cat nap before getting to work. Most of the drivers I ride with play NPR or WTOP or 107.3. However, when I am the driver I usually play 97.1 WASH FM. The only time it has bothered me was when some driver had on the Howard Stern show. But it's their car, their choice and a free ride for me so who I am too complain?

RM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2002 at 8:14am
I guess we don't have a right to complain, but I don't ride a second time with people who play the Howard Stern station. Fortunately, I've only run into two guys over the years who play that station. People who play that station with strangers in the car are oafs. What they play in their own company, of course, is their own business. There are two guys in particular, middle-aged men yet, who laugh like 12 year old boys - they make my skin crawl because they look like men, but act so repulsively juvenile. It is probably just me, but I always wonder whether they live alone in a rooming house somewhere because of their total lack of regard for other people. Anyway, because the deal is they have the right (even though they have no sense), riders have the right to refuse the ride instead of enduring.
gullahgirld2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gullahgirld2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2002 at 1:24pm
To all the inconsiderate persons that commented (Negatively) about people who are trying to be considerate and listen to a neutral station I say "GET A GRIP" or simply "Drive your own car!" and to those who do not like the religous stations I say you are probably the person that need some religion in your life the most! Then you wouldn't be so into the "Me, Me, Me"

JDivine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2002 at 4:23pm
Your post is so full of anger. May your life soon improve.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic