Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just paving springfield or more?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osang1057 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 12:15pm
May I suggest that we use the area at Springfield Plaza.
The point of line might be convenience. This is the area where we usually dropped off in the afternoon. Beside the Bank. Parking lot area.

We can also start a new slug line (morning) near K-mart. At least this area is safe and not too busy.
osang1057 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote osang1057 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 12:17pm
Gambrill Road is too far from Backlick area.
pbinkley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 12:20pm
I agree that it is a bit far.
Also, just for ease of transition, the Springfield plaza might be the most logical change for those not on the web to find...

quote:
Originally posted by osang1057
[br]Gambrill Road is too far from Backlick area.

merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 12:40pm
check out the bob's closed thread in the general message area.

Merlin
Arada View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 1:00pm
I propose we move it to the Legion Parking Lot (behind the current pick up spot). Half of the parking space is not for commuters so we can use that as a pick up space. It is quite convinient for drivers to go in and pick people up and reconnet back to Old Keene and proceed to the HOV lane.
What do you think?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 1:04pm
[:)] Another option ... You could restart the line at Springfield Mall near JC Penney's. It had all sorts of political sponsorship and mall support a year or two ago -- but never caught on. [:)] Now might be the time. [:)]
chmp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 1:08pm
I am for that idea for the Legion Parking lot. I am a huge no on Springfield Mall. I do not feel safe leaving my car there all day (I know it is a few short minutes from Springfield Plaza, but there is a huge difference) and I think the location is not the most appealing given the other options that are available right now. I think logistically it makes the most sense, so how do we go about getting people to catch on to it. Are signs in order?
pbinkley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 9:35pm
If you haven't done so already, please look at the "Bob's Closed" thread in the General chat room.

It looks like, for tomorrow at least, the slug lines will move to next to Wacovia bank.

quote:
Originally posted by chmp
[br]I am for that idea for the Legion Parking lot. I am a huge no on Springfield Mall. I do not feel safe leaving my car there all day (I know it is a few short minutes from Springfield Plaza, but there is a huge difference) and I think the location is not the most appealing given the other options that are available right now. I think logistically it makes the most sense, so how do we go about getting people to catch on to it. Are signs in order?

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 6:53am
[:0] The Bob's slugs DID NOT line up at the Wachovia and were blocking OKM road right-hand lane traffic in front of Circuit City again this morning. [:0] There's gonna be one big "rear-ender" there because that's the lane people want to get in for the I-95 north entrance ramps.

Move the freakin' "Bob's" line across OKM if there's no way for drivers to pull completely off OKM Rd to pick-up the slugs.
[8]Stopping in the high-demand lane just ain't gonna work! [8]
Linda Waller View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Linda Waller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 2:06pm
This message about the Circuit City slug line is from Supervisor Dana Kauffman.

Folks,

I’ve heard you and here’s what we’re doing to help:

Short term, we are trying to get the lot re-opened to sluggers. The Circuit City site is private property and not subject to our direct control.

Long term, I have secured Fairfax County Board of Supervisors’ approval to have our staff begin discussions with the owners for possible purchase of the lots to preserve them for use by sluggers and other commuters.

Also, late this year, construction will begin on another park and ride lot on Backlick (at its intersection with the Fairfax County Parkway.) This lot will also offer immediate access for the hot lanes and will provide additional opportunities for sluggers.

The slugging system works and I will do everything I can to keep your private initiative alive and well.

Dana Kauffman
Lee District Supervisor
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic