Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just paving springfield or more?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just paving springfield or more?
    Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 8:24am
The springfield line was blocked off today for what looked like repaving of that lot. Does any one know if there will be bigger changes there? Why would it get totally paved if there wasn't something else going on?

Thanks.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 8:31am
My thoughts exactly. Wonder how long it will be roped off.
pbinkley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 8:58am
Any idea who we can contact to find out?

quote:
Originally posted by scottt
[br]My thoughts exactly. Wonder how long it will be roped off.

vb View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 9:08am
I have my car serviced at the dealer directly behind the American Legion on Backlick. When I picked up my car a few months ago the Service Rep mentioned that their parts/service department would be moving to the "old" Circuit City Bldg so I believe this is the beginning of a business which will have traffic early/late so we won't be able to meet there.

Does anyone have any other information? How do we begin to set a new location? I relatively new to Slugging.

VB
pbinkley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 9:12am
That's a very good question.
There is a section on the Slug Lines web site for starting a new line. That should have some good ideas.

I wonder if moving the line over to the parking lot across the Franconia road would be a decent alternative. It might get too congested and also cause problems with the bank and other vendors.
genibee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote genibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 9:15am
We definitely can't do what we did this morning - having the line form on the main road was really dangerous for all concerned.
chmp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 9:31am
I propose that in the interin we use the church parking lot, and I am sure that will only work for this week. It would be tricky as that access road goes pretty far back. Another option would be to bombard the Mobile station. Either way I think we need to keep it after the light.

Also you can call Dana Kaufmann's office at 703-971-6262
pwbnd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwbnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 10:04am
If a permanent move is required, I'd propose that we look at moving to the commuter lot at the intersection of Gambrill Road and Fairfax Co. Parkway.

There was some interest in starting a line there a few months back, but as far as I know it never really took off. This disruption might be enough to get it rolling. It's got very easy access to HOV lanes for both morning and evening commuters.
pbinkley View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbinkley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 10:17am
Is there enough space there for people to park and catch a ride, as there is at the shopping mall currently?

quote:
Originally posted by pwbnd
[br]If a permanent move is required, I'd propose that we look at moving to the commuter lot at the intersection of Gambrill Road and Fairfax Co. Parkway.

There was some interest in starting a line there a few months back, but as far as I know it never really took off. This disruption might be enough to get it rolling. It's got very easy access to HOV lanes for both morning and evening commuters.

pwbnd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pwbnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2006 at 10:31am
223 spaces....not sure how that compares to the current lot.

http://www.virginiadot.org/projects/const-project.asp?ID=130

Served by both Metrobus and Fairfax Co. Connector as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic