Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 IS NOT A MESS!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 1:58pm
Where can I go to talk about 610 and not 630?

Just asking.

Trish
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 2:17pm
Since these are open forums and our topics are intertwined, I don't think such a place exists. As has been stated many times before, whatever you guys decide to do at 610, affects us at 630 since they are in close proximity of each other. Each lot has its benefits/drawbacks for any particular group of people but if we have new slugs, people who don't know the traffic patterns etc., they should be educated about their options. And for the record, we have been discussing the situations at both the 610 lots. Just because you don't always agree with my opinion doesn't mean you should get mad about it.
artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 10:49am
Well, I agree that a 'just say NO' statement about a line is too strong. But, it is MUCH BETTER than saying, and advertising that a line is being eliminated!
I have commuted from Stafford since 1980, live behind the Mine road lot and have used the 610 lot since its beginning and was even ticketed for 'illegal parking' when they tried their enforcement a year or two ago. VDOT and planning around the Stafford area is the real problem. It would be nice to think that our collective voice might help Mr. Pash get something constructive done for the future.

Oh, for the days of the gravel road and KFC...

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 12:10pm
I am in total agreement with you. The flyer needs to be changed because it's not fair to the others who have no problems slugging from the old 610 lot. I too remember those days when 610 was easy to and actually pleasurable to travel on. I think the overdevelopment is out of control. I have been to several Board of Supervisors meetings and while they all say they want to slow down the sprawl, they have done very little to that effect. It is the poorest planning I have ever seen. Anyone with half a brain knows that if you build all those new houses, you need to have adequate roads and commuter lots to accomodate them, especially since such a high percentage of us are commuters!! I have dealt personally with several of the Supervisors when the towing incident occurred and they're idea of solving the problem was to build the Mine Road lot. A whole group of us told them that that was not a good option for us because of its location but they built it there anyways. That is one of the reasons I refuse to use the Mine Road lot. I don't like to waste my time. Isn't slugging supposed to make your commute easier, not harder? Hopefully they will get the flyer fixed before they start handing them out to others who don't access this message board!!
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 12:27pm
Well the flyers for "Moving" the Mine Road lot have not been handed out lately, but new ones will be made.

Off topic....basically I don't want to get back on topic at all after this......Are any of you worried about the sniper attacks and our safety at the lots?

Think!
artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 2:28pm
Good!

Hopefully that will mean that the one on this site stating that the line is MOVED will be replaced.

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 2:44pm
DC - AM I worried? Yes and no. I'll admit I'm being more observent, but I refuse to let fear rule my life. If we let fear rule us, then the sniper has already won.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 3:31pm
Yeah...just wondering if we should be a little more careful. Like never ever ever leaving one person out there to stand by themselves or something. I am not letting it rule my life, but I am definitely concerned. What did you think about the big mess today?

Think!
artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 3:34pm
I also don't want to let this rule my life and actions. If it were a terrorist, it is exactly the response that they would want.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 3:45pm
Do you have kids?

Think!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic