Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

610 IS NOT A MESS!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 610 IS NOT A MESS!!
    Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 10:50am
With the closing of the Prosperity Lane...people freaked out a bit. This whole thing that 610 is a mess is crazy. I slug every morning or drive and have had absolutely no problems in any way. I think this is getting blown way out of proportion. Yes there are some issues that need to be worked out, but no danger to our lives or taking us an extra 30 minutes to get to work or even an extra 5. I can't believe all the stuff going on. I know quite a few slugs and drivers that have absolutely no problems. The only problem 610 has is the mellodramatic people on this website.

Think!
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 11:04am
Just because 610 is convenient for SOME people doesn't mean it is for many of us that used to use those lots. It became increasingly inconvenient and we would waste 20 minutes of our time getting out of the lot in the evening and 15 minutes of our time walking to the main lot to get a ride in the morning. I for one don't have alot of free time in the evening because I am in a hurry to get home to spend time with my daughter who doesn't get to see me all day long. Every minute counts for me. With every new housing development built, it gets worse and worse. I know, I've seen the changes firsthand. That's great it works for you but there are a alot of other people who it doesn't work for and who are trying to solve that by forming a new line. No one is freaking out, we just want to make it better by informing people about their choices. If 610 works for you, great, stick with it.
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 11:31am
I would love to shed a tear for you, but it's not worth it. Tisa...we all have kids. You are not the only single parent in the world who doesn't get to spend time with her kid(s). You don't see everyone else going around using it as a crutch to manipulate people. That's exactly what you are doing. We have already agreed that 630 may be good for some people and 610 may be good for some people. What we can't seem to agree on is your constant bashing of the 610 lot. You said on one topic thread that you couldn't believe the time, money, and effort for the 610'ers to just rip your poor little sign down......well you know what REALITY CHECK....EVERYONE IS PUTTING THEIR TIME AND MONEY AND EFFORTS INTO THIS....AND OUR SIGN WAS RIPPED DOWN OUT OF THE 610 LOT AS WELL...AND WE ARE ON 610. SO TAKE YOUR CONS AND OCCASIONALLY A FEW PROS AND YOUR EFFORTS TO 630 AND FOCUS ON THAT.....AND THAT ONLY. Because all three of these lots will work and apparently they already are....but there is no need to bash the other lots. Think about the days that you might not get a ride out of Mine road, but hey there is no Mine road because I spent all my time and efforts on 630 and Said NO to 610. Did you ever think about that? That it could possibly be your back up one day????

Not until today has anyone ever bashed the 630 lot. We may have said that we don't want to go there because going south to go north again is just too inconvenient, but we never bashed it. You have bashed 610 from day one.....you have said.....NO, to 610. None of us have treated you that way...you treated us that way.

There is no mess on 610...it might have a little bit of traffic, but hey...you live in Northern Virginia and commute to DC...traffic is everywhere in this state....get used to it.

So I will ask you again, nicely, please please please...stop bashing our lot and go back to focusing on promoting just your lot. It would be appreciated by many people.

Thanks

Think!
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 11:46am
Obviously you haven't comprehended anything I have said. First of all I have never used my situation as a crutch. It was my way of explaining nicely to you why I want/need to save time and get to work/home faster. Secondly, I am not bashing your lot. I only educating people about the situation at the lots and 610 in general who are either new to slugging, aren't familiar with traffic patterns and who would like to know of the alternatives they have. I have every right to respond to any incorrect information your message boards have given regarding 630. So you just stay at 610, and I'll stay at 630 and we'll both be happy.
Jessie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 11:52am
Geez, you guys that are bashing shelbybrynn should really have a reality check. On most of her points she has been dead on. I for one am one of those folks whose fed up with 610 and it is easier for me to get to 630.
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 11:56am
DC Slugger,

I think you are getting too worked up over this. Shelbybrynn has been a 610 slug for many years. I have been a 610 slug for 2 1/2 years and traffic is awful on Route 610. I am curious as to the times that you travel to/from work.

Now, many of us 610 commuters are "Think!"-ing ahead. Traffic is bad turning left on 610. 610 adds 30 minutes to my commute. All this is not Shelbybrynn's fault. There is no need to get so upset when someone replies to your comments.

We are not bashing 610 - we would still be using it if it wasn't for recent events. In the past few years, it is very apparent that Route 610 is not made to handle the capacity of traffic that currently exist.

Now your solution to use Mine Road would be more appealing to me if it had a ramp that dropped off directly in the lot - like Horner Road. It does not.

610 is a mess! The little lot (120 parking spaces) will be disapearing for the development of the shopping mall. Soon 610 will be even a bigger mess!! Just go and talk to the couple hundred or so people that refuse to use Mine Road - there has been a reason it has been nearly empty for the past year or so.

KMcQueen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMcQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 12:10pm
Come on BE POSITIVE! Everyone is trying to get to and from work at a decent time! I myself am trying all lots! DC Slugger is trying to help folks who leave later ie. 7:00 am to use the new 610 lot.It is working fantastic for him/her. Tisa, I see 630 lot works fantastic for you when you leave at 8:00am. I feel the majority of us leave between 6:00 to 7:00 am and we are just trying to get to work without having to wait 15 to 30 minutes. Please don't tear the flyers that are up I would like to see what is going to benfit all of us!!!!

DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 12:52pm
This is it...I will leave it alone after this...I just can't believe you have said that you have not been bashing it...and this was found typed by you on this website:

Just say "no" to Route 610!!
http://www.slug-lines.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=318

All I am saying is that it's not fair for you to go around and say how bad our area is when we obviously all cannot and will not use the 630 lot because trust me...there is not adequate parking for everyone who slugs in....you don't see us saying how horrible it is and Just say "no" to Route 630...all I am asking is for you to just stick to promoting 630 and stop bashing 610 and trying to get people to stop using it. We need this lot just as bad as you need yours.

It's obvious we all want to get to work and if we go around getting people not to go to certain lots...there won't be any slugging left.

That's it....sorry we have all butted heads....but I know I am not the only one here who thinks it's unfair for you to be able to bash when we are not.

Anyway...my two cents are put in.

Think!
Matrix View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 1:04pm
I have never said "no" to 610; I just suggested to consider 630 and some people got all bent out of shape.

Against my will, I have been forced by the Board of Supervisors and VDOT to stop using the original 610 lot. We should be focusing our fustration at them.

tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 1:21pm
I started slugging in the 610 lot during the summer of 1994. So I suppose I can comment on here about the changes. Back in 94 it was not all that bad for the people that got there early in the morning. Leaving the lot at 6 am was always easy but even back then if you got there close to 8 am all of the spots were taken. However, coming home has always been difficult in my eyes. In recent years getting into and out of the 610 lot is extremely time consuming. For the last 2 years I have gone out of the 17 lot but on occasion I drop a slug off in 610 and almost always regret it. I agree the push for 630 use is a bit over the top but 610 is certainly a mess to navigate in.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic