Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NEW DRIVERS FOR ROUTE 630 IN THE A.M.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW DRIVERS FOR ROUTE 630 IN THE A.M.
    Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 7:04pm
Good news for us 630 folks, we have a new driver that says he wants to start picking up at the lot between 6:00-6:30 a.m. He drives a newer model green SUV and is a Marine. He is very nice and was so happy to hear that we have a slug-line going to Route 630 because he always hated dealing with the 610 traffic. He said he would wait in the evenings at work until 6:00 p.m. just so he could avoid 610!! So all you early slugs out there, keep the faith. We now have two new drivers for the early morning hours (including Matrix's husband). Please keep us informed about how your commute is going from Route 630!!
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 7:27pm
Sounds good - I'll be there at 6:15am again tomorrow.

MarkJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 1:47pm
I don't want to complain, but I was at the 630 lot this morning from 7:10 - 7:45, and no riders showed up. I'm willing to drive, but it sounds like the demand is earlier than 7:00.

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 2:10pm
MarkJ,

I know it is frustrating when you wait and no one shows up. That has been our biggest challenge, to get the drivers and riders to link up in the mornings. What is the worst that can happen? You wait 15 minutes at 630 and then head on to 610. There is a group of us riders who leave at 8:00 a.m. from the 630 lot because we no longer have a place to park at 610 and we are not going to try to cross 610 from the Mine Road lot. I think there are alot of people who feel as we do and that would like a better option. 630 is that option for the people out there that don't have a place to park at the old 610 lot anymore and who don't feel that the Mine Road lot is a viable option due to its location. I know the current 630 slugs and drivers have been thoroughly enjoying the benefits of the time saved in the evening. Do you pick up at the Pentagon in the evenings for Route 630? I will try to get the word out that we have a driver that passes through around 7:10 a.m. Please keep the faith...
artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 2:22pm
Sounds like the old 610 is THE early location, with mine rd/630 filling in for the overflow...
If we could quantify the time that it occurs, I think that would be beneficial for both drivers and riders...
is it 7:00????

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 2:50pm
I've heard that both of the Staffordborough lots fill up by 6:30-6:45 a.m. The really early morning slugs shouldn't have a problem at all unless they get stuck in the traffic getting out of the Staffordborough lots in the evening but some of that traffic can be eliminated by people using the 630 lot. The lack of parking at the old 610 lots is the reason that we need to have a new plan. I personally am rooting for the 630 lot because I don't view the Mine Road lot as a good place to slug from (unless you live down Mine Road). By the way, thanks for sticking up for me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic