Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTired of choking on hybrid fumes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 7:27pm
Penny,

Are you new to the area? If so, then I think that your idea of HOV-2 comes from a lack of experience. From the time I've been living in Woodbridge, it is my opinion that HOV-2 is the most asinine commuting solution for this area. That would flood the HOV lane and totally ruin any chance of a 25 min commute b/w the hours of 6:00 and 6:30 in the morning. Why don't you just suck it up and try following the rules, instead of bitching, you'll love the results.

PS
Do my military friends a favor and leave Iraq out of a conversation about HOV-3; it's a trite and played out analogy for just about every topic that has little or no relation to it.
VA_Hybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Hybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2006 at 9:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
[br]I think it is ridiculous how polluting some hybrids are when they are accelerating on an entry ramp. I'm sitting there and all of a sudden I can hardly breathe because of the noxious SO2 (rotten egg) fumes. I look up and there is a hybrid (or two or three) in front of me.

If we can't get these things out of the HOV, at least we should force them to meet some exhaust standards.

You all contradict yourself all the time. I thought my hybrid emitted the same as your SUV?? How come you are choking on hybrid fumes but not on your SUV's fumes? How about diesel fumes ever chocked on those?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 8:22am
quote:
Originally posted by PennyPrius
[br]

Personally, I think it is illogical and borderline illegal to use my tax dollars to build something and then tell me I can't use it because I don't meet the criteria. What kind of crap is that? Only special people can use a federal Hwy?

There are lots of things build with tax dollars that you can't use. Try walking into the US Mint and see how far you get. Ask to view Ft. Knox. The Situation Room of the White House. Etc, etc, etc.....
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 9:44am
PennyP wrote: "Personally, I think it is illogical and borderline illegal to use my tax dollars to build something and then tell me I can't use it because I don't meet the criteria."

Oh, but please notice that PennyPrius is all too happy to take advantage of the hybrid exemption on the HOV!

What a total hypocrite.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 9:59am
Thank you Bob and Scott for your cogent analyses regarding Penny; you can only thank God when idiocy is so obvious in her ridiculous statements.
PennyPrius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 10:36am
It is an absolute shame that so many know how to read, but so few have the ability to comprhend what they actually have read.

Me saying I don't think it fair that my tax dollars go to something that I can't really use is quite being a hypocrite because I own the type of vehicle that can use the road. HOV 2 would allow that many more vehicles on to a road that is under utilized and free up the regular lanes a bit more. To me a win win situation. Or at the very least a lose less/lose less situation.

The problems with our country are many, some wonderful expamples of the problem are right here in this chat. Being so insolated and narrow minded does not a country good. Being so quick to snap and judge is not healthy for America either. Opinions are OK people, but to put someone down for having a differing one than yours is immature, unhealthy and unacceptable.

That being said, our leadership says we don't need more roads but more tele-commuting, more affordable housing close in, more jobs further out, yatta-yatta. The simple fact remains that a road system designed 50 plus years ago, is simply not working. It is highly obvious that our road system was designed for much less traffic than what is on it today.

The laws of physics apply here. But roads are very expensive to put in. So our lawmakers tell us we need to do this do that and the next thing. Yet, the solution is simple, build more roads (lanes) to handle the more cars that are on the roads. It isn't rocket science, it's politics. They would rather allocate the funds to other projects that make more money for the rich. I think it was Marie Antoinette that once said, "Let them eat cake"

Put into modern terms, the conversation would be,

Common folk: "Your majesty, the roads are too crowded, the accidents too many, there aren't enough lanes for the amount of cars on them."

Leaders: "Oh, let them tele-commute"

The attitude Marie had did not bode well for her since she was beheaded. The attitude is not good here either. Think about it people, 3 lanes in the 60's was ok, but now? I don't think so.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 10:43am
quote:
Originally posted by scottt
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by PennyPrius
[br]

Personally, I think it is illogical and borderline illegal to use my tax dollars to build something and then tell me I can't use it because I don't meet the criteria. What kind of crap is that? Only special people can use a federal Hwy?

There are lots of things build with tax dollars that you can't use. Try walking into the US Mint and see how far you get. Ask to view Ft. Knox. The Situation Room of the White House. Etc, etc, etc.....

Ok, let me simplify it for you. "National Parks go HOV-3" Do you think that would be fair?
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 10:47am
quote:
Originally posted by SlugsB1tch2Much
[br]Penny,

Are you new to the area? If so, then I think that your idea of HOV-2 comes from a lack of experience. From the time I've been living in Woodbridge, it is my opinion that HOV-2 is the most asinine commuting solution for this area. That would flood the HOV lane and totally ruin any chance of a 25 min commute b/w the hours of 6:00 and 6:30 in the morning. Why don't you just suck it up and try following the rules, instead of bitching, you'll love the results.

PS
Do my military friends a favor and leave Iraq out of a conversation about HOV-3; it's a trite and played out analogy for just about every topic that has little or no relation to it.

What rules am I not following? The comment about the war was in now way meant to take away from what our military people do. I am not that insensitive or naive.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 11:55am
Penny,

Historical factoid ... I-95 wasn't three lanes between Dale City and Richmond until the mid-to-late 1980's. [;)]

[8D] Have a great Labor Day weekend! [8D]
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 12:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by sluDgE
[br]Penny,

Historical factoid ... I-95 wasn't three lanes between Dale City and Richmond until the mid-to-late 1980's. [;)]

[8D] Have a great Labor Day weekend! [8D]

Good to know. Since then, traffic has increased again. They thought to widen the road then, perhaps they should think about that again instead of these crazy rules.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 16>
  Share Topic