Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTired of choking on hybrid fumes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 3:36pm
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]Periodically, PennyP, we have a new troll like you who shows up to tell us how selfish we are for carpooling and "keeping the lanes for ourselves."

These new trolls often use the "U" word: under-utilized.

It is the dead giveaway that we are talking to a Toll Road Troll. Would you happen to be an employee of one of the companies that wants to make money by stealing the taxpayer-built carpool lanes on I95?

Your arguments are invalid and have been refuted on this board so many times over the years that we have little left but scorn to heap on your anti-carpooling mentality.

I own a Hybrid, I live in PW County, I ride the HOV lanes during restricted hours on occaison. Would I slug if I did it daily? perhaps. Do you slug or drive? I am sorry I don't know your backround as far as commuting goes. I admit, I am new to posting here. I am not a troll, nor an employee of any HOT LANE company. Just an average Joe who is glad they don't commute daily in this region.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 4:29pm
Hey Sponge! If we have the "world's BEST HOV SYSTEM," then why do we have almost the worst commuting time in the country? Could it be that (gasp) we have the WORST HOV SYSTEM?

Perhaps if the slugging system never caught on, then we WOULD have a comprehensive transportation solution that would not only work now, but for the next decade as well.

There are numerous regions in the US with a greater population density. They don't use a slug system, and they have shorter commuting times. Hmmm.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 5:10pm
*sigh*
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 5:26pm
Really, SB2M.

All you can do is laugh.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 7:05pm
Yep, I feel like the name of the thread should be:
"Idiots Who Miss the Point About Every Aspect of Commuting in Northern Virginia: A Case Study of PennyPrius et al."
PennyPrius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2006 at 11:50pm
It just gets better!
When someone makes a valid point all you can do is "sigh" or make stupid snide remarks. Oh, I forgot, if it isn't your opinion, then it isn't. This ones for you Spongie and Slugbit!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 12:42am
What is valid about your point? You have no quantitative data that directly supports the notion that HOV-2 would in fact alleviate congestion nor do you have any quantitative data that directly supports the notion that the HOV lane is underutilized. What are we to believe? PennyPrius' experience driving herself to work? You and many others are the same, you use weasel words and make unsubstatiated claims. Trust me, this idea of yours isn't original, many other dumbasses concocted the same points. Valid my ass.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 7:56am
Ok, y'all sold me. Trolls abound in this thread.

the ones who sold me aren't the reliable posters of old, the ones who convinced me are the posters who are indeed trolls...I too sigh at this point...

The best thing about slugging is it WORKS no matter how many politicians, car companies, tollroad administrators, misled hybrid zealots pile on to tell us of the "dangers" (huh, what dangers?) and the wrong-headedness of riding in a "stranger's" vehicle. Slugging WORKS, period.

Less cars, less pollution, less parking challenges, quicker commutes, more interesting people met, the list goes on.

Slugging works.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
PennyPrius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 8:24am
I have never stated that slugging is bad at all. I feel from observation on my part that the HOV lanes are under utilized and that there is way too much congestion on the regular lanes.

That being said, I think that in order to alleviate some of the congestion on the regular lanes, something needs to be done. Many of the regular lane drivers perhaps have valid reasons for not being able to slug (which is a wonderful concept)I am sure the reasons are as varied as the drivers. I would even venture to say that some of the reasons are selfishness, lack of concern for the environment and more, but some of it has to do with timing or where these folks work.

So, I think that something needs to be done. Without building more roads, in other words using the assets we have, we should be able to come up with a solution(s). Staggered work hours, making the HOV lanes available to more people, improving mass transit options,etc.

That is all I have been saying inbetween defending myself from the 2 or 3 of you who are predators on this site and attack anyone who dares have differing or already discussed views.

This medium is wonderful to have, but not everyone got here the first day, week or year it began so discussions will likely be repeated time and again. Sorry for your lack of patience. Perhaps that is why you all are so protective of maintaining the HOV-3 rules. No patience.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 8:52am
Gee, no valid response? Let me post it again:

If we have the "world's BEST HOV SYSTEM," then why do we have almost the worst commuting time in the country? Could it be that (gasp) we have the WORST HOV SYSTEM?

Perhaps if the slugging system never caught on, then we WOULD have a comprehensive transportation solution that would not only work now, but for the next decade as well.

There are numerous regions in the US with a greater population density. They don't use a slug system, and they have shorter commuting times. Hmmm.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 16>
  Share Topic