Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Once again waiting over 30 minutes at lot 630

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMcQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Once again waiting over 30 minutes at lot 630
    Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 9:27am
I waited over 30 minutes at the 630 lot. No one showed up. I tried 2 times. No more

curtisdt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curtisdt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 1:34pm
You may not want to go there anymore.

Don
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 2:49pm
I am sorry you didn't have any luck this morning from Route 630. I have been trying to get the word out but it has been an uphill battle for some people to understand how convenient the Route 630 slug-line can be. I know there were several slugs that got rides this morning around the time you go in but I think you just missed them I am a firm believer in the "slug buddies" system. I know that Arbo and Fyrefighter both leave around the same time you do and seem to be nice gentlemen. Maybe you guys can exchange cell phone numbers or email addresses and see if you guys can coordinate with each other when to meet at the lot and if you have a regular driver that you see out there all the time, it may be helpful to exchange cell phone numbers with them. It sure beats being out there alone and waiting. Anyhow, good luck in whatever lot you choose but please remember that Route 610 is not without its share of problems.
KMcQueen View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KMcQueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 3:17pm
tisa,
I will wait till it is more established. It is getting colder out there to wait that long. I will try to later. Thanks Kathy

shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2002 at 3:46pm
I am sorry you are not going to continue using the Route 630 slug-line. Unfortunately if we all just wait for it to get more established, it never will get off the ground. Luckily I have a group of "slug buddies" and regular drivers that pick up there in the mornings at the time I leave so I will continue to enjoy the benefits of it. It's just a shame that others won't get to enjoy it too. Good luck at 610.
Carsee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carsee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2002 at 8:56am
You are absolutely correct. If everyone waits to see how the line goes, it won't "go." Over the years, we have tried establishing new lines (most recently one from L'Enfant to Fredericksburg in the evening). Many were interested, but only a couple would show up. Everyone I spoke with said they were going to wait to see. Low and behold, it failed. So many people never get that to make something like this successful, THEY TOO must participate to get the thing off the ground and not sit back and wait for everyone else. Good luck, shelbybrynn. I hope it works out for you. YOU certainly are giving it the old college try and if it works, the "deadweight" have you to thank.

quote:

I am sorry you are not going to continue using the Route 630 slug-line. Unfortunately if we all just wait for it to get more established, it never will get off the ground. Luckily I have a group of "slug buddies" and regular drivers that pick up there in the mornings at the time I leave so I will continue to enjoy the benefits of it. It's just a shame that others won't get to enjoy it too. Good luck at 610.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic