Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ticketing Jaywalkers at Bobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shallme03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2006 at 11:02am
Maybe they could build a walkway over OKM to help us out a little. It would cost as much to do that as it would to pay the police to stand out there 3 hours a day.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2006 at 2:46pm
10-15 minutes? It's 5, max.

Cops hanging out there (6-10 of them) certainly isn't cost effective. Besides, who's minding the roads?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 7:29am
They were out there again this AM.

Since they appear serious in their efforts, maybe the county can take the next step and increase the time on the crosswalk signal. It's blinking red by the time you half way across the intersection.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 8:55am
4 cop cars this morning. REALLY effective use of my tax dollars. I would think one cop car and one cop would work.
chmp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 9:14am
Time to give good old Dana Kaufman's office a call. I thought that was a massive waste of police effort to have 4 cop cars out there and they were ticketing based on a light where they were not actually looking at the actual crosswalk light. I know that is a technicality, but they should know better. I also noticed they started to write tickets for people who made comments to them, though I have no idea what that context was. Anyways....here is the # for Kaufmann.

703-971-6262- Franconia Supervisor
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 9:25am
Yeah, little excessive there this morning. Was pretty impressed that they needed 4 officers, two unmarked cars and two regular cars just for a few jaywalking tickets.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 12:01pm
That does seem a little much. [:0]

All they really need to do is extend the barricade westward a few yards (And if they need to adjust the crosswalk time, that's OK too). [^]

We just want all the slugs who have to cross Old Keene Mill Rd to remain alive, uninjured, and out of the local hospitals and morgue. [:)]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 7:12am
At 6:15 this AM, there was no enforcement. I saw 2 people cross in the middle of the block. I'd hoped a cop was hiding in a tree so he/she could pounce on these people, but alas, it wasn't to be.

It's a shame, but I'm sure the 2 will grow to 4, to 16, to 256, to...

It's either physical barrier time or plainclothes enforcement time.
chmp View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 9:35am
All they need to do is sit one cop right there at the bank, problem solved. Instead they wanted to put 4 cops at the front of bobs and enforce a crosswalk over 100 feet away from where they actually were. I was a driver yesterday and those cops were just on a power trip...not a "we want to help people" trip. Cop at the bank is best and most effective solution both for enforcement and tax dollars.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2006 at 11:41am
No cops there at 7 am either, guess they had enough fun. Maybe they realized it was a boondoggle! Or someone at the Police Station grew a brain, and put those fine officers to work protecting us from real threats. Jaywalking, please!

If drivers don't like people crossing the street, then drivers will have to put up with the long stop light at Spfld Plz. Best case: move the slug line so people don't have to cross the street. I'm in favor!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic