Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSOV countdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>
Author
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 9:53am
Has the governor signed it? There is still a glimmer of hope to get NoSUV out of the HOV lanes.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2007 at 9:59am
scottt - that would be political suicide, and contrary to Kaine's stated agenda. If he did not sign it, there is no way it wouldn't become law anyway because there are way too few votes to support a veto (like none).

However, I do agree that we need to find a way to get all SUVs out of the HOV lanes unless they are SULEV.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2007 at 8:51am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]scottt - that would be political suicide, and contrary to Kaine's stated agenda. If he did not sign it, there is no way it wouldn't become law anyway because there are way too few votes to support a veto (like none).

However, I do agree that we need to find a way to get all SUVs out of the HOV lanes unless they are SULEV.

I have to wonder if you actually have a brain. I said that there was a glimer of hope to get YOU out of the HOV lanes.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 1:20pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]scottt - that would be political suicide, and contrary to Kaine's stated agenda. If he did not sign it, there is no way it wouldn't become law anyway because there are way too few votes to support a veto (like none).

I'm thinking about buying a hybrid SUV. Not because I have any illusions about saving the environment or anything like that, nor to try to win any points with psuedo-eco hybrid drivers like NoSUV. But because I want to save some money on gas and the Ford Escape hybrids I'm looking at gets better gas milage than the non-hybrid equivalent. Does anyone know if it will be compatible with the new blends of ethanol gas out there? I know GM cars and trucks are, buthow about the Ford?
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2007 at 9:44am
Raymond, how many miles per year do you drive?
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2007 at 11:32am
Only about 6 - 8,000 miles per year, now that I slug to work!

BTW, I'm thinking about changing my screen name to YeSUV!
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2007 at 8:29pm
Raymond,
Don't joke about things like that. Hybrids Killed HOV
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 8:07am
quote:
Originally posted by raymond
[br]Only about 6 - 8,000 miles per year, now that I slug to work!

BTW, I'm thinking about changing my screen name to YeSUV!

At that rate, the premium you pay for a Hybrid would take a decade or so to pay for itself.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 8:09am
quote:
Originally posted by Luddite
[br]Raymond,
Don't joke about things like that. Hybrids Killed HOV

He wouldn't be able to SOV in the HOV lanes. His purchase would be past the cutoff date (last year).
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2007 at 11:31am
raymond - payback depends on price of gas and mileage. At one time, I figured it to be at 75K miles based on $2.50/gal to break even, or roughly 4 years.

Recommend you compare the non-hybrid vs. the hybrid, assume a gas price (like $3/gal), use the EPA figures (which are wrong, but at least the data is consistently wrong) and figure your break even point on miles. You know about how much you drive per year, and you can estimate your break even.

I wish it wasn't about the money, but about people caring for what they are doing to the environment. I have to wonder about those who hate hybrids - are they the same ones who throw their cigerette butts out their windows?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 17>
  Share Topic