Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSOV countdown

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2006 at 8:33pm
nosuv,
I'd rather have the redneck with the pickemup truck and two riders driving next to me than three solo hybrid drivers in the way. Kind of like preferring one dogpecker gnat to three.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2006 at 8:10am
Constant Speed = NET Zero Acceleration. The car may have to accelerate to compensate for decelerating forces, such as friction or gravity (hills). Regardless, gas is still burned by both vehicles.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2006 at 8:21am
dark, now you need to address downhills and a pushing wind. Bottom line is that LESS gas is burned by the hybrid at constant speed on the average ALL the time.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2006 at 3:19pm
What entitlement do you reference? I am given nothing other than a chance to help fellow motorists reach there destination in a timely manner. I do not drive at all. I am fortuante to have a convienant walk to/from the lot from my house. I can honestly say I am doing some good for the environment. Who are you helping NoSUV? No one other than yourself. You're selfish and only care about your own privacy. Saving the environment...please.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2006 at 5:26pm
Virus - do you even have legal standing? After all, you don't provide for the roads in terms of paying tax on gas -- if you were in a formal carpool and shared expenses, then you could have a claim. As for now, you really don't have a leg (or belly) to stand on.

What would happen if you, God forbid, actually PAID for your ride? Would you still walk to/from the lot? Or would you whine even more?
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 9:28am
NoSUV - Obviously you are getting desperate and have resorted to name calling and personal attacks. Very professional. I will not stoop to your level of sarcasm. In the past you have made some legitimate comments. But the time has come for all the free loading hybrid exemptions to end. I pay taxes just like everyone else. Share the ride.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 12:04pm
no - you DON't! You don't pay for gas for your commute, so you don't pay the tax on that gas. That raises at least one question:
- Do you expect for others to pay for your share of the road maintenance costs? The answer appears to be yes - you expect your driver to foot that bill.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 1:06pm
Not all road mainenance comes from the gas tax and not all gas tax money goes to the roads. You never know, maybe bnvus makes far more money than you and pays more income taxes, thus offsetting his lack of gas tax payments. Please think before you make accusations.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 1:26pm
Still - bnvus expects for the driver to pay bnvus' share of gas tax.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2006 at 1:34pm
Hey, if the driver doesn't like it, he could choose not to ride with him. Think about this though: by bnvus riding along, the driver will get substantially better gas mileage (as long as he's not a hybrid) on the HOV lanes. Better gas mileage means less gas which leads to less gas tax. It would seem by your logic that the driver here is no longer paying his fair share of gas tax either, as compared to the drivers on the main lanes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 17>
  Share Topic