Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Off Topic: PLEASE VOTE NOVEMBER 7th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Off Topic: PLEASE VOTE NOVEMBER 7th
    Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 10:13am
http://www.payattention.org/

is a great informational site in regards to the November 7th elections. Please encourage anyone you know 18 or older to do their part this November, and VOTE!!!

GMHP was hea!
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 10:39am
Yeah, everyone VOTE it is so important and while I could throw in some random facts about the election to tip the scales the correct way I would just urge a vote.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 12:52pm
Voting has become so painful. It hurts because the choices are becoming more likely to be between the lesser of two evils. Where did all the good, well-meaning public servants and diplomats go? The word "politician" to many now means little more than "crook", "cheat", "swindler", "bigot", "chauvanist", "philanderer", "pedophile", "liar" and a few other choice words.
I'll vote on election day, but really don't like many of the choices that we're given.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 1:35pm
you forgot "republican"...

GMHP was hea!

(didnt mean to offend anyone...just trying to keep humor about politics and the general direction our govt. is taking us now a days..)
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 2:27pm
no he forgot "Defeatocrats"

And all the "good people" don't go into politics anymore because it is all about personal destruction. Because campaigns spend more on "opposition research" then on character promotion. The reason, it works.

Look at the VA Senate race. This whole thing about the dog is just the most disgusting horrible. The dredging up of things said in a different era and viewed in the light of today. The fact that a mother in VA was so proud she wrote a letter to the editor about how her 11 year old walked up to Mrs. Allen and said "You suck" to her face.

That is politics today, and yeah the politicians have made it that way, but the people continue to buy it.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 8:29am
Almost every political ad lately involves character assasinations of the opponent(s). All we see are the alleged undesireable things about the opposition.
But we seldom see what a candidate is really "for", and we see even less on what a candidate actually plans to do to help their constituency.

There has been one ad where a guy running for an office says he plans to introduce legislation requiring visa expiration dates on drivers licenses issued to non-citizens. At least that ad outlines an action the candidate plans to take.

Politicians fall very short in their advertising on letting us know what specific actions they plan to pursue on various issues if elected.

The way it seems now is my choice will be to vote for the candidate with the least character flaws between the two or three "politicians" (and that's a negative term to me) running for whatever office. What a candidate plans to do once elected to help my community/district/county/state/nation has become anyone's guess.

I'd like to see ads containing reasons to vote "for" a candidate instead of reasons to vote "against" the opponent.
I suppose that's more difficult for a politician to do.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 9:08am
We also seem to forget that along with the major voting, there are smaller but just as important ballot questions that most of us dont even know what we are checking YES or NO to, the following are three ballot questions VA residents need to consider:

Ballot Question #1: Article I. Bill of Rights. Section 15-A. Marriage.

Ballot Question #2: Article IV. Legislature. Section 14. Powers of the General Assembly; limitations.

Ballot Question #3: Article X. Taxation and Finance. Section 6. Exempt property.

Do you really know what you are checking YES or NO too?
Here is a link to a PDF explaining the ballot questions:

http://www.sbe.virginia.gov/cms/Election_Information/Cidate_Lists_Ballot_Issues/Proposed_Amendments_Nov_2007.html

PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!

GMHP was hea!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 9:36am
The best way to change a thing is to take a role in it. An active role. Becoming a "different" kind of candidate would be a way of gaining a unique identifier among the many things we claim to not like about the way things are.

Society has become (in almost all aspects of our lives) about: 1. What's in it for ME? and 2. ME winning at any cost. This comes as the result of a loss of moral grounding and compass.

I'd also assert that things have changed little over time. Those of us who used to advocate for change in less than pure and selfless areas are now seeing the results of that change as it has played out. I'm curious about what the next generation is going to find "offensive" and "bizarre". The things we accept as the "norm" weren't even in the realm of the imagination of our grandparents. That's not to say things are worse, they're just as bad as they've always been. It's just that we are looking at it through our own set of "shades" which are of a different hue and color than our grandparents wore.

Want to change things? Change self. Get involved. Stand up for what you believe.

'nuf preachin'...

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2006 at 1:56pm
Bumping this to the top.

Folks, this is up to you. there's some things you can't impact, others you can have a part in...vote!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2006 at 3:00pm
Only vote if you care about the issues. There's no value in casting your vote if you don't.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic