Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

new slug 10/2102

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mkxl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new slug 10/2102
    Posted: 17 Oct 2002 at 3:43pm
I am a going to be attempting to slug for the first time to Arlington to the Ballston Area ( I think) starting next week. I live in Spotsylvania and will be working 8-5 at NCS Pearson. I am looking for suggestions about where to slug from, what times are best and most importantly where to get the best ride back in the PM.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 8:41am
Your best bet would probably entail slugging to Rosslyn then taking the Metro to Ballston. It's only a few stops from there. I've never slugged from Ballston, but from what I have heard there IS a slug line at or near the Rosslyn Metro. Others who reply after this can probably help you more.

As for when to slug in the AM...I think that if you start work at 8am, you probably want to be at the line between 6-6:45am until you find what works best for you. Since you're in Spotsie, you can choose between Route 3 and Route 17. Speaking for Route 17, rides to Rosslyn are adequate, but lately there seems to be days when there are a lot more people going to Rosslyn than usual...why this is I don't know. Otherwise, I would estimate that the number of cars going to Rosslyn between 6-6:45am at Route 17 to be in the ballpark of 6-10. I can't help you with Route 3...never use it.

K.O.

Edited by - kortegel on 18 Oct 2002 08:46:15
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 9:12am
Rosslyn is a great place to slug to and from. I am not sure how the lines work there for Rt. 3 and 17, but I know for many other locations it works out great.

I know a lot of drivers from the Rt. 3 area that pick up slugs there and drop them off at 610. So you might be able to get a ride in the evenings to where you need to go, but it could be taking a chance. Check out Evening Slug Lines and then click on Rosslyn and check it out to find out the location of the line.

Ballston I think is a myth. It's stated that there is a line there, but I have never ever seen it. Might not be in my time frame though. Don't count on that line.

You might try out a few different things before locking yourself into one place and hating it. Also, I would suggest leaving at 6:30 or so if you have to be at work by 8. Once you figure out something and decide to stick with it, you may not have to leave so early.

Hope I could help. :)

Think!
dambam View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dambam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2002 at 11:42am
I pick up slugs at the Rt 3/Gordon Rd lot for Ballston around 5:30 each morning and usually arrive at the NCS Pearson building around 6:40ish. My husband works for NCS Pearson. We drive a red Focus if you want to keep an eye out for us.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic