Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wednesday Before Thanksgiving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wednesday Before Thanksgiving
    Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 9:26am
Debating on taking the day off to avoid traffic.

Does anyone suspect afternoon traffic will be bad Wednesday afternoon?

How many plan on working Friday?

Slug'n till 2010
happycommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happycommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 1:29pm
Sorry GMHP, but I'm going to have to bust your chops on this thread. You are thinking about taking the day off because of traffic?!?!?!?!?!?!? See, I don't have that problem because I live close to work. I mentioned in my last posting on the Fredericksburg person who wanted to move there about losing a day because of bad weather BUT I NEVER HEARD SOMEONE THINKING ABOUT TAKING THE DAY OFF BECAUSE OF TRAFFIC!!!!! WHY LOSE A DAY OFF BECAUSE OF SOMETHING LIKE THAT??????

TRAFFIC IS HERE TO STAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST SIMPLY MOVE AWAY
sable2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sable2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 2:50pm
LOL... that was hilarious happy! But hey if GMHP has the time to take, I say take it! Its the day before a holiday... not much going on that day for most.

Anyway, now that I am officially slugging - I will drive in on Wed. before Thanksgiving. I am leaving at noon from Rosslyn if anyone wants a ride back early. Ya - this 'should' be posted in the coordinate rides part, but this space is more entertaining.

Enjoy!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 3:01pm
Bust my chops all you want, I'd rather spend the day at home baking goodies than waiting for the clock to tick 4:00 while the rest of the office is doing the same!

You can't honestly tell me you know NO ONE that takes a day off (who commutes the 95 drag) around a holiday in part to avoid traffic. Come on!! You dont believe me, check out how empty the commuter lots are the day before or after a govt. holiday. I rest my case.

And yes, I DO take days off due to bad weather, I'd rather lose annual leave than my life!!

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
spolastre View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spolastre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 4:55pm
Traffic is bad until 4 because everyone leaves early. After that, it's smooth sailing.

quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]Debating on taking the day off to avoid traffic.

Does anyone suspect afternoon traffic will be bad Wednesday afternoon?

How many plan on working Friday?

Slug'n till 2010

SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2006 at 9:35am
The Sponge labors for a Good Guy (not Mr. Krabs) who lets him work from home on days when the traffic is likely to be bad. I will be at home Wednesday tending Gary and writing a report on Krabby Patties.

This is SOP for the days before holidays and for Halloween.

Why add to everyone else's misery? Plus, one has to set the telecommuting precedent.
mycroftt View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycroftt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2006 at 1:09pm
On the other hand, traffic will be incredibly light on the day after Thanksgiving...
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2006 at 1:11pm
And that is why I am taking Wednesday off, and driving in Friday- yes, I'll be a driver instead of a slugger!!

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2006 at 12:38pm
My office is closed on Wednesday, and I am taking Tuesday as Vacation, so this monday is actually my friday.

Man I wish every work week coudl be likt this one.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2006 at 2:40pm
happy,

What was your nym here before you changed it? You sound distinctly like another person who used to post here. 'Course the challenge is: that person was essentially a troll by another nym and I'm almost certain you're not here to be a troll and you're not that other person, eh?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic