Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Commuter Elbow?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricWeissWashPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Commuter Elbow?
    Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 4:48pm
Anyone want to share any injuries or other medical problems from long-distance commuting?
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 11:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by EricWeissWashPost
[br]Anyone want to share any injuries or other medical problems from long-distance commuting?

High Blood Pressure from listening to all the "helpful" questions from people who are VRE wolves in sheeps clothing.

dickboyd@aol.com
Scroll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 9:09am
"Mustang Neck", also known as "Beetle Neck". What is it? Two words: back seat. [B)]

Scroll
Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 9:09am
I have noticed a general pain in the posterior that my Doctor can't diagnose.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 9:12am
How do you expect a serious answer for a question like that?

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
EricWeissWashPost View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricWeissWashPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 11:06am
Wondering if long-distance commuters are showing the same back/neck and other problems that truckers get. How about "clutch calf''?
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 12:13pm
dickboyd, he's not a troll. Or at least there is an actual Eric Weiss traffic reporter at the Post.

This, from last week's Post Online Transportation Forum:

"Kingstowne, Va.: re: "privatizing" roads --

How many of my tax dollars will be refunded (or not have to be paid) if the state absolves itself from providing this public service? Would it be cheaper for ME in the long run to have the state build our roads or a private company? I'm assuming the company would have some rights in collecting fees and could charge what they wanted. Thanks.

Eric Weiss: Hmmm. I guess if you take a toll road, you pay twice, once in state taxes and second on a toll. If you don't take a toll road regularly, you pay lower state and gas taxes.

So the goring depends on the route your particular ox takes.

In the plans considered for the Capital Beltway and I-395/95, tolls would fluctuate based on the amount of traffic in order to keep lanes moving. In other cases, such as the Dulles Greenway, toll rate increases have to be approved by a state board."

Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 1:55pm

Honestly not sure, I've been a long distance commuter for a number of years and noticed that I feel better when I don't do it so frequently, but never thought to ask a doctor.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 2:12pm
Since slugging involves, well, riding in the passenger seat, there is not much opportunity for injury (save the occasional eardrum damage from a loud radio or an overly-talkative driver).

I have recently felt an increased level of stress when I learn how our elected representives and the appointed officials at VDOT are screwing every tax-paying VA resident out of our right to drive the very roads that our tax dollars paid to build and currently pay to maintain by selling out to toll-road developers. I can feel my blood pressure rising even now!
EricWeissWashPost View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricWeissWashPost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 11:45am
What about drivers? I am interviewing folks at OSHA and NIOSH about driving-related problems such as lower back pain and other ailments that are common in truck drivers. Do you long-distance commuters notice anything or feel worse/better?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic