Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lorton?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lorton?
    Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 3:06pm
Does anyone Slug from Lorton? I see on the sites that there are stops but I don't know if anyone uses them. If anyone does, I'd be willing to drive to the Pentagon or Roslynn
twtrojan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twtrojan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2006 at 11:17pm
I am moving to Lorton very soon and I am looking for a carpool to the Pentagon. Have you determined if any one uses the slug lines at the Lorton Shell or VRE?
L-Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote L-Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 4:02pm
There is slugging in Lorton, in the VRE parking lot, in the morning but no real established line in the afternoon (at least from my limited experience). Most of the time drivers go to Pentagon or Lenfant Plaza. Only been in the Lorton area for a little over a year and have been disappointed in the slugging options. I make the trek to Bob's but you have to get there early because parking is limited and often not available after 7:15/7:20am.
slughere View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slughere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 12:06am
hello,

I see that I'm a month over replying to your topic I was just wondering if you were able to find any thing else out about the lorton slug line I'm new to this and I'm in the Lorton area and I travel to Rosslyn as well.
mybelle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 4:50pm
I am also late in replying to your topic..I am in need of getting to Rosslyn and I come from Springfield, Va (just north of Lorton)
Lorton-Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lorton-Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2007 at 9:04pm
I'm in Lorton and work in Rosslyn. If anyone has any good slugging advice for that route (I've found it difficult), or wants to start a carpool, I'd be up for it. I drive a pickup, so driving 3 is difficult, but I'm sure we can work something out. Hours are somewhat flexible. Email me!
victorhugoa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victorhugoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2007 at 5:10pm
There is always the option at Bob's, you only need to be there before 7:40 a.m.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2007 at 7:06am
Another option ... You can drive north on Hooes Road from Lorton, then get on the eastbound FC Parkway, exit at the next exit (Sydenstricker), then use the slug line at the Sydenstricker commuter lot to get to Rosslyn (or at least the Pentagon).
bdowner View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2007 at 6:02pm
Anyone interested in getting picked up at the Mall around 8:10 for a ride in to Rosslyn on the HOV?
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2007 at 12:55pm
Lots of people are, or have been interested in this over the years. All the ground work has been laid for some time; Mall management approved and dedicated several hundred parking spaces in the South parking lot, information was posted on this site, and many people have tried to get things going at the Mall. I have been an active promoter; posted messages, distributed fliers, talked to anyone who would listen (and lots did listen), and I went to the Mall both as a driver and rider. Usually I would wait for 5 or ten minutes and no one would show up, so I'd go back to Bob's. Oh well!

Maybe when they close the lot and start building at Bob's other options will pop up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic