Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NuRide Program Pays Slugs to Commute

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NuRide Program Pays Slugs to Commute
    Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 8:38am
There is a new program that started on 21 Oct 02 specifically geared for slugs called NuRide. Basically it pays slugs to commute up to $250 a year. I should mention that this is NOT a Slug-Lines.com program but it does appear to offer some benefits to slugs, which is why I'm posting this.

Right now, it is only open to Rolling Valley slugs but will eventually be expanded to other areas. Please take a look at the program and provide your feedback.

Sincerely,
David

DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2002 at 9:20am
The only thing about this....to begin earning cash points and other things listed on the site.....the driver must either have a NuRide account or you must get their email address. As most of us know...that's not always a piece of information people are willing to give out. So the only way for this to work is if there is a major awareness or NuRide. It's a fantastic idea though.

Think!
Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2002 at 10:53am

This looks like one of those 'to good to be true' things that my mom warned me about. What's really in it for NuRider? I've read all the info on the site and to get the 'full benefit' you have to give more than just your email address. AND shortly thereafter you'll be inundated with mail from places seeking your business. I'm not sure that receiving a buck or two every now and then is worth it.

Patricia
Stafford/610
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 12:00pm
Ok...so I signed on with NuRider....it's actually pretty interesting. I have been emailing back and forth with the creators for the past couple of days...I think this is a great idea...and frankly...getting paid to commute doesn't bother me...nor the 1k a week give away...here read this:

We give away 1k a week. Each week we take all the valid entries for thatweek, and draw from them one winner. You get one entry for every passenger in a confirmed trip, with upto 10 entries per member per week. So the more you register trips the greater your chance of winning, especially in these early days. If you win, you are excluded for a month, just so more people have a chance. So hand out the cards and encourage people to register
trips.

A bit of background on us for you, as your instinct is correct. Our single goal is to reduce traffic congestion and the associated emissions by encouraging ride sharing. In order to do that we know we must pay people. Studies have shown that the almighty $ goes a long way when asking someone to do something different. We are launching and testing our system with Sluggers. Then we move onto other ridesharing groups before finally tackling the millions who ride alone. We believe sluggers should get first shot at the money, as a reward for what you are doing.

We make the money we need to pay you, by selling sponsorships to local merchants. When you register a trip you will be presented with one, it will probably be an offer or promotion, for example, if you slug out of Rolling Valley you will get an offer from Boston Market for $2 off a $10 meal. We are striving to make these offers as valuable to you as possible. Infact if you have nay thoughts on any retailers or restaurant near your line that you would want us to approach please let me know.

Thanks again for your comments, we are implementing a couple of changes overnight let me know what you think.

Thanks

Jonathan

Think!
rideslug1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideslug1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 12:38pm
quote:

The only thing about this....to begin earning cash points and other things listed on the site.....the driver must either have a NuRide account or you must get their email address. As most of us know...that's not always a piece of information people are willing to give out. So the only way for this to work is if there is a major awareness or NuRide. It's a fantastic idea though.

Think!

rideslug1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideslug1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 12:45pm
We heard your comment from a few people and made some changes to the site, and the sign in process in order to provide more clarity.

NuRide will not sell or share your information with anyone. You will recieve emails to confirm you took part in trips registered by others, and one email a week from NuRide that informs you about changes to the site and drawing winners, and that is it.

Please take a look again

Thanks

Jonathan Lee
NuRide, Inc.

This looks like one of those 'to good to be true' things that my mom warned me about. What's really in it for NuRider? I've read all the info on the site and to get the 'full benefit' you have to give more than just your email address. AND shortly thereafter you'll be inundated with mail from places seeking your business. I'm not sure that receiving a buck or two every now and then is worth it.

Patricia
Stafford/610

rideslug1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rideslug1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 12:51pm
Thank you for you vote of confidence. We have infact changed the site in the last couple of days and you can now register a trip with just the passengers information. So now two passengers can get credit without having to talk to the driver. Also next week on the site there will be cards you can print out that have the member's NuRider Name on and a step by step process for registering a trip. These can be given out by members to people who want to register a trip, but do not want to give out their email address.

Thank you for trying us out. We hope to keep making improvements and create a system that works for everyone. Please check us out again.

Jonathan

NuRide, Inc.

Think!

audien View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 9:37am
I am so jealous seeing my colleagues racking-up $$$. I wish they were more people in Dumfries area to join in!

https://www.nuride.com/
[:D]
motownldy199 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote motownldy199 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2004 at 6:40pm
quote:
Originally posted by audien
[br]I am so jealous seeing my colleagues racking-up $$$. I wish they were more people in Dumfries area to join in!

https://www.nuride.com/
[:D]

I guess there are going to be a lot of "new members" here.

Anyway, I'm disappointed to see that you have to be affiliated with certain organizations in order to join. Is there any way that this program will be expanded?

audien View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2004 at 9:30am
Just e-mail them to notify your organization info (name, building, location), and they will add it to their database :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic