Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annoying Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2007 at 8:22am
Mooreniecy....suggest you start a new topic or this will get buried under slug ettiquitte instead of having it's own discussion thread.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2007 at 1:51pm
Much of S_pants' challenges would be less an issue if our society practiced a bit more courtesy and respect towards others. The thread itself even started to devolve into something less than what we were all created to be.

Here's to an increased awareness on all our parts of the need for courtesy and respect for all. It starts with me, if I practice more of the same, maybe others will catch on too.

Just a thought. Thank you for your time.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
deaspy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deaspy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2007 at 2:25pm
Dude you may tell anyone to not get into your car. Look up an old thread here about stinky lady (slugged from rt 3 when it started).
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 11:24am
NoSB,
I try to practice what you preach but the discourteous and disrespectful appear to be taking over everything. That doesn't mean that I've turned into one of those types, but it's just an observation.

Goober
rporter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rporter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2007 at 11:32am
As a slug exclusively, I have on occasion passed up on rides for one reason or another. It's easier to be 'polite' as a slug than a driver. A simple and low confrontational option would be to take the slug one more time, and prior to dropping them off, tell them that you can't take them again and why.

If they try to ride with you again, then you can be more rude about it - and explain to the slugs that you do pick up that you tried privately suggesting that they not ride with you again.

P.S. If it's me, I appologize for the snoring and drooling.

"To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society"
Theodore Roosevelt
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 8:16am
Bumping subject up over spam
Mommee705 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mommee705 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 9:27am
These are some good suggestions. I, too have been a rider and a driver. There are some really annoying riders and I've never been sure how to go about avoiding the ones who just put their cigarette out before opening my car door, or the ones who hate to be silent and share the same story every time they get into your car.
I'll definitely have to keep these in mind.

J's Mommee
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 3:53pm
Hi Mommee, (you're not really my mommee, are you!?) You should feel free to give the smoker-right-up-to-the-car-exhaler-in-the-car the boot! Or ask them to hang their head out the window until they purge their lungs of that nasty exhaled smoke.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 8:30am
Speaking of smoke, i hate it when I get into a car and once inside discover that it's been a smoking car. Usually once I sit down the car begins to move, giving me little or no chance to get out. I appreciate it that the person is driving, but which all cars picking up slugs were smoke free. Holding your breath from woodbridge to rosslyn isn't fun.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 8:56am
I'm always concerned about that smoke smell whenever we do the occassional drive instead of slugging in. Hubby is a smoker, so I usually go on a febreze frenzy the night before on the interior!!

(besides I hate that smell myself, as an X-smoker..)

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic