Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Coordinated Rides Home
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked14th Street to Route 17

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th Street to Route 17
    Posted: 24 Oct 2002 at 4:21pm
I get off of work at 4:45 everyday and I'm always available if anyone needs an extra rider in the afternoon. Thanks!

peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 11:38am
I am interested in starting a slug line from 14th Street to Rt 17. Are you interested?

Trish
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2002 at 4:17pm
Yes, I am.

Susan Buchanan View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Buchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2002 at 9:29am
I am definitely interested in an evening slug line to 17 from 14th street. Currently, I get off at 5:00 and I am catching the bus at 13th and New York. Where along 14th were you thinking? Do you have any more info and have you received any responses from drivers?

Thanks,
Susan K. Buchanan
GinTonic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GinTonic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2002 at 2:44pm
I'm a driver looking for riders at 5:00 on 14th Street (work @ 14th & L). I have not been able to locate anyone slugging to 17 (only folks going to Rt. 610). The only Rt. 17 people I encounter are the "bus riders" on 14th St. near Borders and they turn their backs when they see a "driver" stopping to ask if anyone is interested in slugging. Where along 14th St. are the Route 17 sluggers lining up? I'll do anything to stay away from the Pentagon! Wherever you guys line up...drivers will be sure to follow...Hope to see you soon.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Buchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2002 at 9:13am
I am definitely trying to start the momentum for a line at 14th & G to 17 starting at about 5:10 or so! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO RIDERS AND DRIVERS TO JOIN THE MOVEMENT!! It's the perfect location because it's also a bus stop, so if you can't catch a ride, you'll also be able to catch the 6pm bus. I will do anything to avoid catching the Metro to the Pentagon for a ride. PLEASE TELL EVERYONE SO WE ALL CAN AVOID THE TERRIBLY EXPENSIVE BUS, ROUTE 610 AND THE PENTAGON!! Thanks!
heijinmcintire View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heijinmcintire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2002 at 2:21pm
I am definitely interested in both slugging and picking up slugs on 14th Street. (I will be driving 1-2x/week.) However, I don't get off work until 5 or 5:15 and couldn't get to 14th until about 5:10-5:20 p.m. Does anyone else have those hours?

H. McIntire
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 10:33am
Well, it sounds like a plan. Lets get it rolling. What do we do to start a line? If anyone has noticed things at the Pentagon are just getting worse. Now they are tearing up the ground and have some type of contstruction going on.

Gintonic, I always welcome a ride home and get off at 4:45,m but wouldnt mind waiting. If you are a regular driver and need people in the afteroon that would be great for me and maybe someone else can do the same. I dont think there is a regular 17 line yet on 14, but I have heard that folks stand at the Woodbridge or 610 lines with signs. I would just be too nervous that I wouldnt get a ride home by doing that.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan Buchanan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 3:44pm
I've been standing at the corner of 14th & G where the bus has a 6:00 pick up to 17. It's also where the people stand to slug to 610. That way if you don't catch a ride, you can still catch the bus!

Thanks,
Susan
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2002 at 4:25pm
Susan,

Do you normally get a ride home? I am on 13th and G and that would be perfect for me. Is that in front of the book store over there? I can't remember if it's Barnes and Nobles or Borders.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic