Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Morning Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

First time slug

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First time slug
    Posted: 16 Jan 2007 at 4:48pm
Help me! i'm coming from Springfield, Va and going to Rosslyn. Is it feasible for me to slug directly there and back? Do you have any suggestions for me? I need to be in Rosslyn by 8:45am
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 7:14am
Depends where in Springfield you're coming from...

Bob's doesn't serve Rosslyn (or the Pentagon which is just a short metro ride away).

Daventry serves the Pentagon (don't know about Rosslyn).

Rolling Valley (might be out of your way) serves Rosslyn and the Pentagon.

Good luck.
merlin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 9:05am
Yes, you can slug directly from Springfield to Rosslyn.

Sydenstricker serves mostly the Pentagon but there are riders/drivers who do go to Rosslyn. Make sure you have a sign that indicates you are going to Rosslyn.

Rolling Valley serves Rosslyn. I have picked up there for months and there is not usually a problem.

In the afternoon, the Springfield line is located on North Kent street (Rosslyn spectrum). Most riders go to Rolling Valley but there are some for Syndenstricker as well.

Merlin
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 12:55pm
Agree that most riders at the afternoon Rosslyn Kent St Springfield/Burke slug line want to go to the Rolling Valley Mall (RVM) Park 'n Ride. The slugs there either work in Rosslyn or take the Metro there to avoid the longer afternoon line at the Pentagon. RVM is probably your best morning lot to slug from -- and then get an afternoon return trip back there from Rosslyn.

If you can catch an afternoon slug ride at the Pentagon, you can get a ride back to all the Springfield/Burke slug lines -- but as pointed out above ... the "Bob's" morning lines don't go to either Rosslyn or the P'gon - just to downtown DC.

Recommend you give the RVM lot a try.
umkareem View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umkareem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 1:21pm
Hi, I am a new member in the slug-line world and would like to know if there is a slug-line in Vienna or Fairfax area. Thanks you.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 1:51pm
umkareem, it depends where you are going. If you are coming from Vienna, you may want to look at the metro instead (it will be far more reliable than slugging from there).

umkareem View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umkareem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2007 at 2:05pm
Thanks! I work in DC on 19th & H and would rather drive in the morning. I thought I can pick up sluggers with me in the morning so I can take HOV.

quote:
Originally posted by darkprime
[br]umkareem, it depends where you are going. If you are coming from Vienna, you may want to look at the metro instead (it will be far more reliable than slugging from there).

mybelle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mybelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2007 at 4:55pm
Thank you everyone for your help. I will try Rolling Valley Mall when I have a chance. I guess I'm just afraid to stand out in the cold forever and find that noone is going my way :( I'll let you all know how it goes when I try it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic