Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSmall Satisfactions re Hybrids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2007 at 1:08pm
Did i just read this correctly, but did NoSUV actually admit his car does use a gas engine?!?!?!? Oh my, it's the end of the world, and to think, I still have laundry to do.
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2007 at 3:00pm
One more thing...current hybrid drivers will have to purchase new hybrids to keep their old tags allowing them ride solo. They're stuck buying hybrids forever. Paying the most for the least vehicle. Bwaahaaaahaaaa.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2007 at 9:47am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]At highway speeds, the gas engine does shut off when either at constant speed (zero accelleration) or when coasting downhill. Of course, you can lead foot your way so the gas engine always runs an also ruin your mileage...

I set the cruise control on more than once at Hwy speeds, and the gas engine never shut off. I would also think you would have to coast down a long hill in order to get the engine to shut off (as mine never did going downhill).
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2007 at 12:11pm
Luddite, to be fair, more manufacturers are offering hybrids, and down the road, there will eventually be some other alternative fuel vehicles. Sure, they may be stuck buying hybrids if there's an incentive to keep the plate, but their choices are growing.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2007 at 2:09pm
That's the whole point, DP. There are better choices! People who continue to buy hybrids are keeping an obsolete technology alive. Consumers need to demand eco-friendly alternatives. Unless a hybrid is burning ethanol or biodiesel, its contributing to the problem and not solving it!
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2007 at 2:32pm
Hybrid = Betamax
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2007 at 3:28pm
Yes, but I thought their plates are for clean alternative fuel vehicles? I was under the impression they could go buy a hydrogen powered car tomorrow (if one existed commercially) and still be in the HOV lanes as a SOV. Am I wrong?
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 10:47am
Darkprime,
You can still be in HOV lanes on 95 with the new clean fuel tag, but you will have to have three living human bodies. Or, since any real enforcement ended some number of years ago, just get on hov whenever you want - doesn't even matter which direction you're going. Free-for-all.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 11:33am
Luddite... little cynical today are we?
Luddite View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luddite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2007 at 9:32pm
LDOMAJ,
Nothing really special about today. I usually have a pretty dim view of hov and hybrids. I used to care about enforcement until the hybrids poisoned the well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic