Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A take over

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A take over
    Posted: 24 Apr 2007 at 9:13am
Why hasn't lobsterZoom's account been deleted?

---------
Still waiting for NoSUV to put up or shut up.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 10:50pm
NoSUV,
Not everyone is happy to be an ordinary troll such as yourself. You really ought to avoid using terms like "idiotic" given your history here.

I did say that my thought was probably ridiculous, which means that I don't believe it's what's going on. You didn't see that?

Oh yeah, you're not serious. Just a troll.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 12:23pm
Please see David's posting about a new Slug-Lines website message board coming soon?
Here it is:

Begin quote:" To all:
The problem with the message board spam is NOT that I do not care. I do. The problem is the spammer have computer automated systems that automatically generate spam faster than I can delete it. And to make matters worse, with the current message board I have to not only delete each entry one by one but I have to enter passwords, etc.

The spam is a real problem. The only solution is for me to purchase an entire new message board that is not "open source" like this one. Open source boards allow for modifications (specific software) to be written to suit the individual. For example, the Lost and Found portion of the website is something I wrote which allows uses to post items.

Changing to a new board system would mean losing all the current threads, everybody would have to re-register as new users (about 7000 people) and we would lose the Lost and Found portion of the message board. There just isn't a system to migrate all the data to a new message board.

However, will all the complaints about spam, maybe it is time to fix this problem and move to a new board. Perhaps it is worth it in the long run.

I appreciate all the emails and the concern. I want this message board to be useful to the slugging community and to help everyone. I guess the spammers are going to win this round but I will purchase a new message board.

Sincerely,
David
Webmaster"
End of quote

[:)] Amen, brother! [:)] Keep on sluggin'!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 9:55am
Thanks teacher..

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 9:06am
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]I'm always suspicious that it's some SOV hybrid drivers that don't like us.

Ridiculous? Probably, but then it doesn't make sense for a "real" spammer to be posting so much of the same thing, or at 5-10 minute intervals.

MDC - Clearly one of your more idiotic posts. Quite unlikely that it's someone who cares about this board.

Did you do something to deserve such hybrid fury? Interesting...

BTW, some in legislature are now considering changing from the toll lanes being free for HOV, to being free based on emissions - like London is proposing. Bought your hybrid yet?
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 8:24am
I'm always suspicious that it's some SOV hybrid drivers that don't like us.

Ridiculous? Probably, but then it doesn't make sense for a "real" spammer to be posting so much of the same thing, or at 5-10 minute intervals.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 7:19am
Ridiculous with an "i".
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2007 at 12:08pm
This is rediculous. You can't read a legitimate thread because of his spamming. Looks like he went back to all the 2002 posts.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2007 at 12:48pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]This is rediculous. ADMIN...where in the world are you!?!?!?!?!?!

Maybe they're busy checking out Nick's site?[8D]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2007 at 9:57am
This is rediculous. ADMIN...where in the world are you!?!?!?!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic