Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

webmaster@slug-lines.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: webmaster@slug-lines.com
    Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 9:02am
I suggest sending an email to the webmaster to help us out here. This is totally rediculous.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 9:13am
I already sent one on Monday. Fat lot of good it's done. I really think they just don't care enough to do anything. Even a little effort would be appreciated. Alas, just like on the roads, we are at a standstill.[:(]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2007 at 4:45pm
So send one.

fyi - The Admin is (or was) in the military - I think that keeps him fairly occupied.

Which is all the more reason to allow for Forum Moderators. But it's the sites responsibility to block all the Spammers I think - who hosts this site and where are they?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 7:23am
Despite the high risk of jinxing it - why is is that this thread hasn't been spammed? Too new?

All of our "unfavorites" have come on here and have seemingly spammed every thread since the inception of this site.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2007 at 9:47am
To all:
The problem with the message board pam is NOT that I do not care. I do. The problem is the spammer have computer automated systems that automatically generate spam faster than I can delete it. And to make matters worse, with the current message board I have to not only delete each entry one by one but I have to enter passwords, etc.

The spam is a real problem. The only solution is for me to purchase an entire new message board that is not "open source" like this one. Open source boards allow for modifications (specific software) to be written to suit the individual. For example, the Lost and Found portion of the website is something I wrote which allows uses to post items.

Changing to a new board system would mean losing all the current threads, everybody would have to re-register as new users and I would lose the Lost and Found. There just isn't a system to migrate all the data to a new message board.

However, will all the complaints about spam, maybe it is time to fix this problem and move to a new board.

I appreciate all the emails and the concern. I want this message board to be useful to the slugging community and to help everyone. I guess the spammers are going to win this round but I will purchase a new message board.

Sincerely,
David
Webmaster

n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2007 at 8:34am
Admin, Let's try the moderator system first, begining with an invitation to those who are the most vocal critics to help take out the trash. The critics = volunteers method usually seems to solve several problems at once. Next, frequent/trusted users may be willing to help with spam disposal. I know I would be willing, and I see that several others have stepped up to the plate. As with any public facility, supporting this message board is the responsibility of all who use it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic