Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Plea

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Plea
    Posted: 04 May 2007 at 10:46am
I picked up a slug this morning who was wearing too much perfume. My other passenger and I suffered for 30-something minutes until I could drop this lady off. I'm now at my desk dealing with allergy aggravated asthma.

It was too late for me to do anything about it when I realized how much perfume the rider had on. I was raised to be polite,and would really be uncomfortable putting someone out of the car. But, this experience has me rethinking how polite I can stand to be.

PLEASE if you must wear perfume or cologne, be considerate of those you will be riding in close confines with. It's not that we just don't like it, it can really cause problems for some of us.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:24am
There's not much you can do other than to refuse her a ride politely next time. People who wear too much perfume don't seem to realize it unless it's pointed out to them.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 11:42am
I agree with MDC, there really isnt much else you can do. I guess she never heard the expression "a dab will do ya"

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
Scroll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2007 at 3:23pm
To be blunt, it's your car. Open the window.

Scroll
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2007 at 11:09am
I've seen signs that people put in their windshields that say "No perfume". You could try that next time you drive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic