Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What did I miss?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What did I miss?
    Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:27am
Why didn't I know the Tackett's Mill lot would be closed this morning? What planet have I been on? Were we warned about this? If so, when? Where was I? I haven't been away or in a coma. Was I supposed to know? If so, how? All I knew from the flashing message sign in the Tackett's lot was "New lot open 5-14" -- it said nothing about "Old lot closing 5-14" -- "Park at Safeway on 5-14" -- "Stay Home! Don't stress yourself out!"

Please feel free to call me an idiot if I should have known and had ample warning from some government entity. I feel really, really stupid and very, very angry.
ZC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:40am
If the mess is the same tomorrow, will people be picking up from the other side (near Safeway)? Today was a disaster...
Cataphract View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cataphract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:46am
We need to bring this to county officials attention, otherwise if prolonged, the delays will put the slug lines in a permanent death spiral.
thorpesa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thorpesa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:47am
No there were no signs stating that the Old parking lot would be closed. The only sign was to begin using the new parking lot on May 14th. Other than that there was no communication, except for the sign on Friday, May 11th stating the above. It is unbelieveable to me that there was not a better communication/signage system in place. The fact that they didn't even take into consideration the size of the "new" lot versus the old lot is unacceptable! Nobody was able to park in the new lot after 7:00 AM because all the spaces were filled up. Also, there is no communication/signage to let anyone know what is going to happen next. Who do we write to or call about this does anyone know??
Cataphract View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cataphract Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 11:01am
Here is some relevant contact information for the Board of County Supervisors - I urge people to email or call them to let them know about the problem.

Corey Stewart and Hilda Barg's offices are usually very prompt in responding.

BOCS Contact Information
Chairman At-Large
Corey A. Stewart
McCoart Administration Building
1 County Complex Court
Prince William, VA 22192
Phone: (703) 792-4640
Fax: (703) 792-4637
Aide: (703) 792-5626
cstewart@pwcgov.org

Dumfries District
Maureen S. Caddigan, Vice Chairman
Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Suite 145
Woodbridge, VA 22191
Phone: (703) 792-4645
Fax: (703) 792-4622
Aide: (703) 792-4648
mcaddigan@pwcgov.org
Supervisor Caddigan's Home Page

Occoquan District
Michael C. May
Chinn Park Library
13083 Chinn Park Drive
Prince William, VA 22192
Phone: (703) 792-4643
Fax: (703) 792-4833
Aide: (703) 792-4644
mcmay@pwcgov.org

Woodbridge District
Hilda M. Barg
Dr. A.J. Ferlazzo Building
15941 Donald Curtis Drive, Suite 140
Woodbridge, VA 22191
Phone: (703) 792-4646
Fax: (703) 792-4993
Aide: (703) 792-4647
hbarg@pwcgov.org

Atlantis.99 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atlantis.99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2007 at 9:44pm
Check out the "Tacketts Mill Lot Update" posting from Supervisor Mike May --- it was all just a simple mistake (thank goodness --- cuz it sure was a mess!)

Slug-Recipes.Com
KatieM View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KatieM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2007 at 4:01pm
Here's the message I received approximately 1 hour ago in response to my e-mail sent yesterday morning. At least someone finally answered:

Thank you for your electronic mail message regarding the Tackett’s Mill (Lake Ridge) commuter lot. Commuter parking plays a vital role in the success of the HOV lanes in the I-95 corridor.

The work you describe is part of the Minnieville Road widening project, a Prince William County Bond project being administered and funded by Prince William County. The project involves widening of Minnieville Road and expansion of the existing lot. The ultimate lot will have a total of about 650 spaces. On checking the lot today, the newly constructed section was open along with the southern most part of the old lot while reconstruction work was going on in the middle section. On contacting the Prince William County Transportation Planning staff I was told that yesterday’s closure was a temporary situation and the work will be sequenced so that two portions of the lot are open at any time. Additional spaces are also available at the Tackett’s Mill Shopping Center lot and the Harbor Drive lot at the intersection of Harbor Drive and Minnieville Road in the immediate vicinity of the Lake Ridge lot.

We regret any inconvenience that this project has caused. By copy of this email to Prince William County staff, I am requesting the County to alert the commuters well in advance of any impacts to the commuter parking lot. If you have any additional questions please feel free to email the County staff or call Mr. Rick Canizales (703- 792-5985) or Mr. John Eastes (703- 792-6826) of Prince William County, Department of Transportation.

Once again thank you for your email and bringing this to the attention of VDOT.

Rahul Trivedi, P.E.

Virginia Department of Transportation

Northern Virginia District Office

Email – Rahul.Trivedi@VDOT.Virginia.Gov

Phone - 703 -383-2223 Fax - 703-383-2230

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic