Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Why is it "Hybrids vs Slugs"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 8:58am

This used to be such a fun message board when we talked about slugging.

Perhaps it's the summer doldrums but every topic thrown up seems to end in a discussion of the joys of hy-bred vehicle ownership.

I think I'll go look for the Metro Bus rider's message board and have fun there! Debating diesel vs. clean burning natural gas, and fewer seats but more snatch bars to hang onto, and the ever popular "what time does the 7:05 bus get here???"

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 9:11am
quote:
Originally posted by Galah
[br]
This used to be such a fun message board when we talked about slugging.

And when, exactly, was that? There have been over 800 anti-hybrid postings on this board. In fact, Admin created a whole new category because so much of the General Comment section was taken up by the anti-hybrid discussions by you.
Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 9:56am

13 January 2005
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2007 at 11:54am
quote:
Originally posted by Galah
[br]

13 January 2005

Sorry - there were over 1,000 hybrid comments before then. Next?
Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2007 at 2:01pm

But that was the day before you joined the forum
Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 9:51am
NoSUV, let me be more specific

EWE are the turd in the punch bowl.

Somehow you manage to jump into any and every topic and turn it into a battle for the right to drive hybrids on the HOV/Express lanes.

Me, I'm livin the dream, I take the bus to work every day, I work right across the street from the grocery store, I may not own a hybrid but then I don't drive much anyway, certainly not during the week and I have now tried to avoid it also on the weekend, since 95 turns into a parking lot so easily, the cost of this, of course, is excessive, sure am glad I'm not trying to raise kids or support a spouse!

nuff said, go ahead and have the last word NoSUV. I know you won't be able to resist it, and we can close of yet another conversation.

Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2007 at 4:20pm
You can't pick on NoSUV too much -- he got confused and thought HOV meant "hybrid occupied vehicle."

On a brighter note, I was pleased to see that Dr. Gridlock supported getting hybrids off the HOV lanes -- unless they had the required number of passengers. The current hybrid exemption only favors those who could pay the bucks for a hybrid and, unlike the proposed HOT lanes, puts nothing into state coffers. Note that I am not supporting HOT lanes, which can only slow down traffic, but at least with HOT the rich people driving hybrids in the HOV lanes will finally be paying for the privilege.

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 7:39am
Dr Gridlock also supports HOT. So he's got it wrong in more than one area. Same article where he discussed hybrid hate, he stated they were given the exemption because of fuel economy. Obviously a man who shouldn't be listened to since he can't even get basic facts correct.
17 Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17 Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 1:50pm
NoSuv, since you seem to be the punching bag of hybrid drivers, let me ask you this. Why is it that hybrid drivers tend to be the only ones who actually do the speed limit, thus slowing up traffic? It seems to me that most of the time, when cars are stacked up with open road ahead, it is because some hybrid driver is poking along at 60-65. I would think with you guys driving solo, with less weight in the car, you could pick up the pace a little.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 3:36pm
Have no idea.

I follow and firmly believe that you drive in the right lane unless passing. The only exception is when there is traffic merging from the right and space needs to be created so either they can get in at speed, or they are going so slowly you're going to have to hit the brakes when they cut in front of you. If you are temporarily in the left and slower than traffic in that lane wants to go, you get back in the right lane once you've passed the slower traffic.

Doesn't matter if hybrid or hummer or anything between. I personally find the blockage only on the way home - on I395 to be from buses coming in from the Pentagon onramp. Inbound, it's also at the Pentagon from people thinking they are too good to queue up in the right lane to exit, blocking or slowing the left lane for those of us headed to the 14th St Bridge.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic