FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHow to Scare the Politicians on HOT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 11:03am
You would think that with THOUSANDS of folks at risk to lose the luxury of free ridership (as slugs) and minimized commute times (as drivers) that there would be a ROAR of opposition.

Instead the majority just sit back passively and EXPECT that someone ELSE will lobby FOR them.

The grim reality (and truth) is there are very FEW worker bees and far too MANY who love to sit back and savor on the honey.

I can say that I have done my part in getting the word out and voicing my opposition to elected officials and news media.

Thanks to all who have done likewise!
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 10:27am
The furor over the abusive driver fees has pretty much taken everyone by surprise, including the state delegates. If we could harness that, or the fear that something like that will happen with the implementation of HOT, we have some real leverage.

A big reason we have seen relatively muted opposition is the thing is just so confusing and no one knows how it will turn out. However, once it is implemented and the average guy making $30k gets socked with hundreds per year of tolls, things will change dramatically. There is the potential for a avalanche of opposition that will dwarf what we are seeing with the abuse fees.

This needs to be pointed out to the powers that be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic