Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > HOT Lanes Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedVa.'s I-95/395 Survery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLB428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Va.'s I-95/395 Survery
    Posted: 28 Aug 2007 at 4:58pm
From VRE:

Your input is needed! As a commuter in the I-95/I-395 corridor, your direct experience can help in the design of transportation services that can make the trip easier for you and other travelers.

Input is needed from people who commute in the I-95/I-395 corridor at least 3 days a week. You could be driving alone, traveling in a carpool or vanpool, slugging, riding the bus, or taking the train or Metrorail.

If you meet these qualifications, the Virginia Department of Rail & Public Transportation (DRPT) would like to hear from you. DRPT is currently conducting an online survey among commuters who regularly travel in the I-95/I-395 corridor. To complete the survey, simply click on this link: http://www.interfeedback.com/Transportation.htm

The Southeastern Institute of Research, In c., has been authorized by DRPT to conduct this study. Participation in this study is voluntary and will be kept strictly confidential. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact SIR (Southeastern Institute of Research, Inc.) by telephone at 804-358-8981.

The first 500 people who qualify for and complete this online survey by September 6, 2007, will receive a $5.00 Starbucks gift card. But, please hurry. This study will end on September 6, 2007.

http://www.interfeedback.com/Transportation.htm
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 7:04am
Slug Community,

This may be another scam from a first-time poster to this message board! Does anyone know DLB428?

When you open the survey it doesn't state its purpose and provides no info to legitimize the survey company.

It may be harmless, but be careful of what info about yourself that you provide to someone on the Internet.

AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 10:43am
I wholeheartedly agree w/Sludge, which is why I didn't even visit the given website. Didn't want to expose my IP address and get unwanted SPAM or worse case scenario vulnerability to ID theft.

Thanks for looking out for the unsuspecting folks Sludge.[;)]
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 12:17pm
I sent an email to DRPT asking if this was for real. Below is the response:

"Yes. DRPT hired SIR to conduct a survey of commuters traveling (by any and all modes) the I-95/395 corridor. I encourage you to complete the survey.

Christopher Arabia
Commonwealth of Virginia
Department of Rail and Public Transportation
3900 Jermantown Road, Suite 300
Fairfax VA 22030"

I have his email and phone information, but I don't know if he wants it posted. Some choose to believe I make stuff up - feel free to write him snail mail to validate.

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2007 at 1:15pm
There is no mention about this survey on the DRPT website.

Acoording to DRPT's posted schedule, the data collection phase of their I-95/395 study is already over, and they're scheduled to be in the alternatives formulation phase now. So, this survey is not on the advertised DRPT timeline.
Here's the link to DRPT's info on the study.
http://www.drpt.virginia.gov/projects/TransitTDMStudy.aspx

Seems DRPT's Mr. Arabia (if that's a real person) would have provided NoSUV better feedback on where to find reliable information on any contracted survey that relates to the I-95/395 study. Don't you think that would be on DRPT's own website.

CatHerder View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatHerder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2007 at 9:09am
I received a card in the mail with an access code.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2007 at 3:47pm
Seemed to be a very well thought out survey... took quite a while to go through all of the AM/PM/carpool/bus/train/sov/hov/parking/entrance/exit... and on and on. I elected to not get the Starbucks giftcard which required my address.
DLB428 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLB428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 9:29am
This was not a scam, I was just trying to let everyone know that DRPT is doing a survey in which HOT Lanes are topic. Apparently none of you get Virginia Railway Express' (VRE) Train Talks, in which you would have seen this last week...

The survey is long (-and official-) but has some pertinent Qs about potential use of HOT Lanes. -DLB
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 9:35am
Sincere apologies for my skeptism. [B)] Thanks for posting information regarding the very important topic of HOT lanes.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2007 at 12:26pm
Me too.
I just get a bit nervous when a "1st-timer" posts something that wants us to provide info about ourselves.

Still wondering why they are doing a survey now when their advertised timeline for info gathering ended with the public meetings back in July. (You know, the ones where few questions were answered.)[V]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic