Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > Afternoon Slug Lines
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

14th and Independence

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 14th and Independence
    Posted: 18 Nov 2002 at 3:51pm
Is there an active line going to 610 around 4:00 from 14th and Independence?
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2002 at 4:49pm
I do think so. Any 610 Slugs use this line? If you are close to L'Enfant Plaza they have a strong line.
mellymac View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellymac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2002 at 11:12am
I don't know of a line on 14th. However, most L'Enfant riders go to the line in front of the GSA building on D Street right across the street from the Metro exit. [:)]

Good Luck.
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2002 at 11:53am
I hear drivers calling out for 14th a lot, but I don't know of anyone who goes there. I am sure there are some.
artplyn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote artplyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2002 at 1:38pm
Well, forget the time. Does ANYONE slug from 14th & Independance to 610?
It would be a lot more convenient than going to Pentagon, but would like to here that there is an established line before trying it.
Noelle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2003 at 1:00am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I do think so. Any 610 Slugs use this line? If you are close to L'Enfant Plaza they have a strong line.

Noelle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2003 at 1:21am
quote:
Originally posted by Admin
[br]I do think so. Any 610 Slugs use this line? If you are close to L'Enfant Plaza they have a strong line.

I have concerns about the evening line out of 14th and Independence in general. I commute out of Horner Rd. Obviously, the mornings are great because it is generally the first stop on Independence. The afternoons are a different story. About 80% of the time, I end up taking the bus as the cars are few and far between.

Sometimes I will drive. There are a couple of people around 4:00-4:30 but that is it. I have had to wait 5-10 minutes many times. [B)]Unfortunately, the line is long but full of exclusive bus riders.

This past week I went to 14th and New York around 5:00 p.m. There weren't a lot of people there either. Is the cold weather forcing other alternatives? Anyway, I would like to know a strong line on 14th to go out of in the evenings as both a rider and a driver. I am relatively new, any insight would be appreciated.
kortegel View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kortegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2003 at 2:18pm
Since it's been a couple of months since the last post, I was wondering if participation in the p.m. at 14th and Independence was still sparse or not?

K.O.
zandiejack View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zandiejack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2003 at 10:08am
14th and Independence is running pretty smoothly these days, especially for Horner Road and Potomac Mills. However, we would really LOVE [:)]it if more Old Hechinger's drivers would come our way. It seems the peak time for those lots is usually between 4:30 and 5:30. I normally join the line around 4:40 and watch as several Horner Rd drivers come along. At times when one of the FOUR Dale City buses has picked up riders and just Lake Ridge riders are left, we're able to negotiate and get rides to Old Hechinger's. [;)]
tondalea View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tondalea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2003 at 2:34pm
There is a line for 610 at 14th and F. A few blocks up if you dont mind the walk. I also sometimes see people at 14th and Independence with a 610 sign. Dont know how well it works though.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic