Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Chevrolet would like comments from Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Chevrolet would like comments from Slugs
    Posted: 18 Dec 2007 at 11:42pm
Slugs: In the next few weeks you may get a ride in a brand new Chevrolet Malibu. Getting a ride in a new car is always nice, but what is interesting, is that this car is just arriving at the dealerships! Basically, GM is going to send a few cars to slug lines in the hopes of getting some "real" feedback/comments. Of course, slugs are not obligated in anyway to make comments, but if you have comments (good or bad) I am sure they want to hear them. Here is what they are doing:

"To introduce the new Malibu to the influential DC market, and leading up to the Washington Auto show beginning January 23, the Chevrolet division of General Motors will offer area residents the opportunity to interact with the car in new and convenient ways. Many people have heard of the new Malibu, but have not yet seen it in person. The new Malibu has gotten great reviews from automotive and consumer media, but we are most excited to see what people think. During December 2007 and January 2008, people in and around DC will be able to see and touch the car at area shopping centers, major events, and in commuter slug-lines. These activities will allow people to experience the vehicle during the course of their regular day. Drivers of Malibus in slug lines will ask riders for their impressions of the vehicle, and can share detailed information if it’s requested. We’ll be sharing the story about these unique efforts to bring the Malibu to the DC market with area news media and bloggers."
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2008 at 2:10pm
I saw one at the Pentagon the other day on the side where the Woodbridge Sluggers line up. Looked very nice from my vantage point. I think it was either a Pearl Red or some other Red family member. From no postings from riders I was starting to wonder if the new "Malibu" really existed! [:0]
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2008 at 3:07pm
I am done witht his whole thing and now outraged. It was fun for a week, but in a competitive slug environment it is sickening to watch them keep taking slugs.

They have been at Bob's for weeks. This morning, with a line of drivers standing there the Chevy guy took 3 slugs (1 of whom I needed) . It was bearable when it started, now it is just simply gone on too long.

As a driver, I am simply done watching Chevy use our system as a "marketing plan" and seeing their guy violate all the rules of slugging and take passengers other people need for their marketing ploy. I complined to the coffee and donut guy and he was nothign but rude. I am never buying a chevy after this, which I don't think was their goal.
Scroll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 5:34am
Send them down to Route 17. We need the drivers.

Scroll

Scroll
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2008 at 7:16am
Colossus - the 3rd slug is as much to blame as the Chevy driver. If they saw you sitting there, why didn't they use common sense and just ride with you? Is it because common sense isn't all that common?
jimbillings-chevymktg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbillings-chevymktg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2008 at 5:51pm
colossus911 - We have read your post and it was not our intention to take slugs from regular commuters. Chevy has made every effort to respect the rules of the slugging community and we apologize if, in this instance, it didn't happen. All drivers have been reminded about the etiquette and rules posted on the site. Our goal has always been to help fill a need and give people a convenient and easy way to experience our all new Malibu. We won't be a permanent fixture at Bob's in Springfield and have gone to different slugging locations so we can gather comments from additional riders across the DC area. Please feel free to contact me if I can answer any questions you have or if you have additional thoughts you would like to share.
Scroll View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2008 at 7:56am
Did I mention Route 17? We're short enough on drivers that you'll have no trouble picking up 3--it'd be deeply appreciated.

Scroll

PS: In case I forgot to mention it, Route 17 would welcome seeing the Chevy driver.

Scroll
jimbillings-chevymktg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbillings-chevymktg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2008 at 9:50am
Scroll - We sent a few Malibus down to Route 17 last week. I hope you got to ride in one.
springfieldslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2008 at 8:31am
Did you send a Chevy Malibu to the Rolling Valley lot? I have not seen one and still have to experience a ride in this new model... The RV slug line is getting longer, so more drivers are needed, especially to go to 18 Street points.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic