Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Horner Rd/2nd Stop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
gg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Horner Rd/2nd Stop
    Posted: 04 Dec 2002 at 8:33am
The second stop is for the DC line, so the driver must drop off at that location. The first stop is for the Pentagon/CC/Rosslyn and drivers should stop there first. Now, if drivers are willing to drop off slugs other than those two spots (respective of the destination), it is their prerogative. However, if you take the Metro from DC to the Pentagon, then you can't expect the driver to drop you off at the DC spot at Horner Rd.

The problem is that there are a few inconsiderate people that need to be made aware of things. If they don't see the light, warn others, and pass on them.

gg
Noelle View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2002 at 2:14pm
Last week, I returned from DC with a woman who was complaining that a man got out of her car and slammed the door because she refused to drop him off at the second stop. She explained to me that she did not have time (two minutes) because she needs to pick up her child. Further, she felt that since she doesn't pick up slugs in the morning, she is not obligated to return them to the second stop.

As I got out of her car and walked to the second stop in the dark (and might I add, it was cold and windy), I thought her actions were inconsiderate. This could be considered a safety issue as well.

The majority of the drivers I have encountered have been super. However, I think this topic should be addressed. My suggestion: There needs to be destination titles such as "Horner Rd 1" and "Horner Rd 2" to alleviate the problem.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic