Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trashy cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sLugLiFe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 4:28pm
LOL!!!!!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2008 at 9:14pm
Throwing salt on obnoxious cell phone talking slugs?
You are a genious coffeelady.
Table salt or rock salt?

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2008 at 1:34pm
Depends on the obnoxiousness of the conversation; degree of their BO; my mood, etc. It's a very complicated trigonometric formula; lucky for me I keep a laptop with a decision analysis model on my dashboard so I know which one to throw. (Table salt on the more obnoxious slugs, since it seems like it would equal a longer slower death than its more potent cousin).

work in Chinatown, live on Rte 3. Looking for 17 to L'Enfant ride.
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 1:19pm
Blacksky, you are a bully. In reviewing your threads, I note that you left your manners somewhere and haven't been back to pick them up. I'd love to know which lot you frequent, and the vehicle you drive, so I can avoid you. Eeew.
Scraper View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scraper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 5:09pm
Don't be messin' with blacksky!
dudte View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 5:14pm
The minutia about which we fuss...

I was in Kerala, India last fall. I often saw 2 and 3 people on one motorcycle. 5 and 6 in one rickshaw buggy. Took a picture of a family of 5 on one motorcycle. I was stunned - no helmets, seatbelts, AC. I'm guessing they were all a bit sticky. I'm not advocating it as a method of transport here but for comparison - they were smiling. Maybe resigned to their fate with happiness but an amusing none the less. No "STFU", no worry about trash, never a mention of the lack of AC or the fact that there were no windows to put up or down.

I too have ridden in the less than comfortable, odiferous, and occassionally crazy vehicle. I once rode in the backseat of a Mustange convertible with a wild woman driving. Music was loud, sun was hot, car was fast. As it turns out she got me from point A to point B. We both smiled. I picked the bugs out of my teeth when I got home...
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2008 at 9:22pm
quote:
Originally posted by Checkers

Blacksky, you are a bully. In reviewing your threads, I note that you left your manners somewhere and haven't been back to pick them up. I'd love to know which lot you frequent, and the vehicle you drive, so I can avoid you. Eeew.

yaaaaawn, how pedestrian (get it, pedestrian, slug, double entendre--look it up...).

If that's the best you've got you should move out of your parents' basement and get a date.

But thanks for mentioning me. Have a nice day! xoxo
Pele View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pele Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 7:57pm
I use my SUV for my hobby/side job which is working on cars. There were two engine blocks in the back of it a while back, tomorrow it'll be a transmission... Next week another engine or a rear axle.

I also have a dog. I don't always have time to vacuum up whatever got past her blanket on the seat. The blanket of course always gets thrown back on top of the car parts in the back when I have passengers.

I realize cars aren't always the cleanest.

Blacksky, I'll be happy to ride with you so long as I can get from Horner to the Pentagon and back again in the evening.

Others need to realize that with a free anything (ride or passenger), you get what you pay for.
If you don't like the car, pass it up.
If you don't like the rider, pass them up.
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2008 at 11:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by Pele

I use my SUV for my hobby/side job which is working on cars. There were two engine blocks in the back of it a while back, tomorrow it'll be a transmission... Next week another engine or a rear axle.

I also have a dog. I don't always have time to vacuum up whatever got past her blanket on the seat. The blanket of course always gets thrown back on top of the car parts in the back when I have passengers.

Blacksky, I'll be happy to ride with you so long as I can get from Horner to the Pentagon and back again in the evening.

Others need to realize that with a free anything (ride or passenger), you get what you pay for.

Thanks Pele. That's exactly my point. It's a FREE ride--don't complain. And if, for some reason, you want to complain, do it face to face to driver in question, don't do it here after you've accepted his/her generosity. Belt in and enjoy the FREE ride.
serenitynow View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serenitynow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2008 at 2:32pm
quote:
Originally posted by blacksky

quote:
Originally posted by Pele

Thanks Pele. That's exactly my point. It's a FREE ride--don't complain. And if, for some reason, you want to complain, do it face to face to driver in question, don't do it here after you've accepted his/her generosity. Belt in and enjoy the FREE ride.

Does it occur to all of you hangin' on the "free" ride theory that you made the choice to drive, and use your gas and incur the wear & tear on your vehicle? I bet you are OK with cruising along at 75 or 80 mph while those to your right are stopped. I know I am. If slugs refused a ride you would be in a bit of a "pickle" as my Gran used to say. You would still buy the gas and put the mileage on, BUT it would take you soooo much longer to reach your destination. Besides that, why should I be "OK" with sitting on grease, or pet hair, or stepping on old food JUST because you made the choice to drive and need me to help you travel the most uncongested lanes?
Personally, I don't care if your car is pristine and I would not complain (and haven't) about every day conditions, we are all busy. on the other hand, when I drive I do take my passengers comfort into consideration, because I commute as both a driver and a slug. Pretty simple I htink "do unto others..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic