Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trashy cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 10:06am
quote:
Originally posted by blacksky

quote:
Originally posted by Checkers

Blacksky, you are a bully. In reviewing your threads, I note that you left your manners somewhere and haven't been back to pick them up. I'd love to know which lot you frequent, and the vehicle you drive, so I can avoid you. Eeew.

yaaaaawn, how pedestrian (get it, pedestrian, slug, double entendre--look it up...).

If that's the best you've got you should move out of your parents' basement and get a date.

How rude! I think you really should pick up some good manners class over the summer!
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 11:36am
quote:
Originally posted by Oxi

quote:
Originally posted by blacksky

quote:
Originally posted by Checkers

Blacksky, you are a bully. In reviewing your threads, I note that you left your manners somewhere and haven't been back to pick them up. I'd love to know which lot you frequent, and the vehicle you drive, so I can avoid you. Eeew.

yaaaaawn, how pedestrian (get it, pedestrian, slug, double entendre--look it up...).

If that's the best you've got you should move out of your parents' basement and get a date.

How rude! I think you really should pick up some good manners class over the summer!

Hey! You forgot to include the ENTIRE quote...I also wrote, "But thanks for mentioning me. Have a nice day! xoxo" at the end.

Thanks for your thoughtful suggestion though .[:)]

Have a nice summer.
Checkers View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Checkers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 4:28pm
Seriously. What lot do you frequent, what type of car do you drive, and the time you generally pick up? I truly wish to avoid you.
ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2008 at 8:48pm
bumping above the spam
kayslug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kayslug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 10:06am
blacksky. As i know your words might sound harsh to some..i have thick skin and i think realistically. i totally understand your point and where you are coming from! for get the free loaders who only ride and never dare drive! those are the ones mainly who always will have something to say. I dont like to ride in a dirty car so i clean my car on a regular basis but if i didn't have a problem with it and decided to ride dirty and nasty everyday, the sluggers could take it or leave it! its my car. i'm driving. i pay the note and i pump the gas. find another ride. i am going to stop being so nice to riders. ima stop running my AC. stop listening to WTOP and go back to my mp3 player. and i wont allow anyone to talk on the phone while riding LOL how u like dem apples! matter of fact! ima put a sign in my car that says HEY SLUGS SHUT UP AND RIDE! LOL
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2008 at 4:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by serenitynowDoes it occur to all of you hangin' on the "free" ride theory that you made the choice to drive, and use your gas and incur the wear & tear on your vehicle?

But you made the choice to get in the car, and by refusing to drive, you surrendered the right to total control of the backseat... nobody forces you.

work in Chinatown, live on Rte 3. Looking for 17 to L'Enfant ride.
ONLYISLANDLADY View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ONLYISLANDLADY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 12:37pm
Blacksky,

I am tired of people saying having kids is a good enough excuse to be dirty. I have kids, work full-time and clean most of the time. The other day, I had a car full of stuff and was too lazy to clean it and so I took the slow slow 95/395 regular lanes. Nobody is asking you to get your car detailed, but keep it somewhat clean. It is just common courtesy. As for slugs, please refuse if you feel the car is filthy unless you really do not care. "Beggars cant be choosers" but I have no problem taking the PRTC bus paying $5 so that I can go to work clean instead of paying $10 for gum stuck on my suit to be dry cleaned.
dfesta View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfesta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 3:54pm
I have read many of the previous posts and decided to add my comments. I usually will drive and pick up slugs however when I do slug to work I realize the following:

*I may not like how the driver drives
*I may not like the smell in the car (perfume or stinky)
*I may not like that the driver is talking on his/her cell phone while driving
*I may feel the radio is too loud or that I don't like the music
*I may be cold or hot because the temperture isn't what I would want.

The bottom line is that I may not like the "free" ride to work but guess what I knew all these possibilities existed PRIOR to getting in someone else's car.

Gas is expensive so lighten up on getting a free ride.
dudte View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dudte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2008 at 8:36pm
I feel like I'm really missing out. I want to do some complaining about my riders. I want to grunch and mutter, profane and defame. But what do I get? This morning two riders, mid-career types, who collaborate together to get out at the same spot. All to minimize my effort as a driver. What's this??? Low down good for nothing... making my life easier? Where's the complaint in that? And then this evening. Two more candidates for my agitation. He, a well dressed, polite (thank you sir and so on), soft spoken young man, she a well dressed, polite, pretty, soft spoken soul. Fabulous candidates for some large bore griping. All right - now we're getting some where - they're young punks - surely bad seed - I'll have material and be complaining in no time. But NO - they sit quietly, answering my questions, smiling, putting up with my Iron Maiden, Foghat, and Guns/Roses. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir. They even have the audacity to nap, quietly, with no snoring! How can it be? I demand some complaining material! I've had it with all the nice, polite, pretty, kind...

Tomorrow - I'll try again. I know you bad apples are out there... I'm looking... I will complain...
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2008 at 6:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by dudte

I feel like I'm really missing out. I want to do some complaining about my riders. I want to grunch and mutter, profane and defame. But what do I get? This morning two riders, mid-career types, who collaborate together to get out at the same spot. All to minimize my effort as a driver. What's this??? Low down good for nothing... making my life easier? Where's the complaint in that? And then this evening. Two more candidates for my agitation. He, a well dressed, polite (thank you sir and so on), soft spoken young man, she a well dressed, polite, pretty, soft spoken soul. Fabulous candidates for some large bore griping. All right - now we're getting some where - they're young punks - surely bad seed - I'll have material and be complaining in no time. But NO - they sit quietly, answering my questions, smiling, putting up with my Iron Maiden, Foghat, and Guns/Roses. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir. They even have the audacity to nap, quietly, with no snoring! How can it be? I demand some complaining material! I've had it with all the nice, polite, pretty, kind...

Tomorrow - I'll try again. I know you bad apples are out there... I'm looking... I will complain...

I like this guy's style--great post [:)] Oh, and if I'm in the car, looks like the tunes will be just fine w/ me--you could even toss in some AC/DC if you like!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic