Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trashy cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2008 at 10:44am
quote:
Originally posted by Galah

wow,
now I remember why I left this message board.
Great work noSUV, I mean blacksky.

I haven't missed you, Bob, I mean Galah.
GiveBackToTheLine View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiveBackToTheLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 3:44pm
Blacksky, it's obvious you don't have any respect for yourself or your passengers. My advice to you is, feel free to sit in the main line while i ride by you in the HOV with someone who cares enough about themselves and their passengers to be clean. It's idiots like you that keep more people from slugging. And btw, the more people see your trashy car, the less people will ride with. Have fun in the mainline.

"It's a two party system"
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2008 at 10:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by GiveBackToTheLine

Blacksky, it's obvious you don't have any respect for yourself or your passengers. My advice to you is, feel free to sit in the main line while i ride by you in the HOV with someone who cares enough about themselves and their passengers to be clean. It's idiots like you that keep more people from slugging. And btw, the more people see your trashy car, the less people will ride with. Have fun in the mainline.

Givebackto...

I really don't think we need more people slugging right now, based on the length of the lines, but that can't be helped... Apparently you failed to read my post that stated: "how about we let this one die?"
BTW, I really don't care about the condition of the vehicle I'm in, it's the FREE ride that's important. I haven't been in the mainline for a very LONG time.
I will also point out, yet again, that any slug that has been in my vehicle has been EXTREMELY comfortable to include my pointing out seat warmers in the winter and asking if the radio was too loud and the cabin was comfortable. Again, I'll point out for those who fail to read that I never wrote that my car was a "pigsty" or anything like that, what I *generally* stated was that the slug rides at the pleasure of the driver, and if unsatisfied should ask for the full cost of the ride back if unsatisfied (i.e., nothing). Additionally, if unsatisfied, don't "grow a set" and post your dissatisfaction here after the fact, tell the driver that so offended you immediately, allowing him/her to rebut your objections or kick you out.

Again, have a nice day [:)]
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiveBackToTheLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 8:26am
And like I pointed out, the more you disrespect the people that ride with you, the less people will ride with you. If not for the slug, you wouldn't be in the HOV lane, so don't think that you are doing the slug a favor. Like I said, "it's a two party system". Both parties are doing each other a favor and in fact we are all doing the region a favor by keeping the traffic down. I said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't have enough respect for your riders to keep your car clean, not spotless, but clean, then really do everyone a favor and find another way into the city.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GiveBackToTheLine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2008 at 8:29am
One other thing, I wouldn't ever try to kick a slug out of the car. I think that would turn out very bad for you. Remember there are more slugs than you in that car.

ceejay2 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejay2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2008 at 10:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by GiveBackToTheLine

One other thing, I wouldn't ever try to kick a slug out of the car. I think that would turn out very bad for you. Remember there are more slugs than you in that car.

oh yes, and isn't this statement a convincing reason for people to pick up slugs. it's not enough for various posters here to state that drivers should fill their vehicles to the brim. now you are saying that the driver shouldn't dare try to kick out riders from their cars, as they are outnumbered. dude, their car, get your butt out.
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2008 at 8:18am
I have kicked two slugs out of my car. Once, while in my van, a third slug decided for himself that I had enough room despite the line of cars behind me at the beginning of slugging. I kicked him out although he was a bit incredulous. I could just see him thinking "the nerve of that guy not to give me a free ride."

Another time I was driving in my compact car and had my two slugs and was about to be on my way when both slugs shouted. Here another slug was getting in the seat behind me. I told him that I wasn't taking him.

I also had one slug tell me at the Pentagon that he actually wanted to Rosslyn. I told him that the Metro will get him there just fine and told him to exit.

In each case I was polite but firm and the slugs moved on.
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 4:30pm
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the nice gentlman in the black Explorer for picking us up this morning en route to the Pentagon.

I also wanted to let him know that there is no need to post any lost dog signs. You see, I found fluffy, he was all over my slacks when I got out of your car.[:0] Thanks again, Have a great day!
toomuchcoffeelady View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toomuchcoffeelady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2008 at 4:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by Moody Girl

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the nice gentlman in the black Explorer for picking us up this morning en route to the Pentagon.

I also wanted to let him know that there is no need to post any lost dog signs. You see, I found fluffy, he was all over my slacks when I got out of your car.[:0] Thanks again, Have a great day!

I'm betting a lint brush ($1.99 at CVS) is cheaper than gas/parking/wear and tear on your car.

ain't free speech a wonderful thing, until you don't like the views being stated? - Ceejay2
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2008 at 3:29pm
TMCL,

As a matter of fact, this is where fluffy is currently residing until I can return him/her to their owner. Thanks for the advice. Have a great day.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic