Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Trashy cars

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisabeth64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trashy cars
    Posted: 05 Mar 2008 at 3:37pm
I drive 50% of the time. In consideration of my slugs I make sure my car is free of trash and debris before I head to the slugline. I wish all my fellow drivers took a moment to do this.

This morning I got into a car that was just nasty. Unfortunately I didn't realize how much trash there was around me until the car began to move.

We are all headed to work. It would be nice if we didn't have to share the backseat with Jr's half eaten month old Happy Meal. How fascinating that you like to collect old newspapers dating back a few years. Everyone needs a hobby, however wouldn't it be safer to store it elsewhere? Old disposable coffee cups also have a home. It is called the trash bin. As for the dog hair, I am sorry that I spent the entire ride sneezing. Thankfully I had a good lint brush at work.

Yes I heard you bragging the entire trip about your very expensive sports car that you were forced to put into storage. We were all very impressed. That still doesn’t make up for the fact that you are a SLOB.

Believe me, I appreciate a free ride to work on the days I decide not to drive. I am, however, going to make a mental note of this car and not make the same mistake twice.
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2008 at 8:02am
Sadly, the majority of the offenders that we complain about are not on this site.
MtSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MtSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2008 at 4:37pm
Yes! The other day I caught a ride with someone who's floorboard was covered with soda bottles and the car was full of dog hair and smell. Ughh! When I drive I make sure that my car is clean. Please, fellow drivers, if you are reading this and you are one of the culprits, clean up.
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 11:07am
I guess you could ask for your money back. If you don't like the look of the car, don't ride.
guishermo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guishermo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 1:40pm
Yo dude, clean up your car...
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 10:50pm
No, if you don't wish to get a FREE RIDE, refuse it. My car is not pristine, because I have a few kids. But don't criticize me for offering you a FREE RIDE, while I pay for the gasoline. Are you getting the hint here bubba? As my momma used to say, "beggars can't be choosers." Either shut up and ride, or take a look at the ride, pass on it, and remain in the slug line as a pathetic example of pride goeth before a fall. You ride at my pleasure--get that through your skull and we're cool. Anything else and I WILL kick you to the curb as soon as possible (read, exit 150 south on I-95). Are we clear now? You say one word about the condition of my vehicle and you WILL become a pedestrian at the earliest opportunity.
It is a symbiotic relationship, but be careful as to how much criticism a driver will take. After the end of the HOV, you are at the mercy of the driver, bottom line. Piss me off and you are a pedestrian, and it is a LONG walk home.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 9:38am
Blacksky, WOW [:0], do I hear a little tartness in your response? [?] ? Sounds like someone commented negatively one time too many on your vehicle in your presence. After all is said and done, I agree with you on the fact that it is your car and although it may not be pristine, it will get you there and back. I must admit that I've ridden in only one car that had a stench, not an odor, a stench that I will never ride in again. I keep my vehicle as clean and as pleasant as I can for myself. If other find it pleasing then that's an added bonus [;)].
Oxi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 1:35pm
quote:
Originally posted by blacksky
[br]No, if you don't wish to get a FREE RIDE, refuse it. My car is not pristine, because I have a few kids. But don't criticize me for offering you a FREE RIDE, while I pay for the gasoline. Are you getting the hint here bubba? As my momma used to say, "beggars can't be choosers." Either shut up and ride, or take a look at the ride, pass on it, and remain in the slug line as a pathetic example of pride goeth before a fall. You ride at my pleasure--get that through your skull and we're cool. Anything else and I WILL kick you to the curb as soon as possible (read, exit 150 south on I-95). Are we clear now? You say one word about the condition of my vehicle and you WILL become a pedestrian at the earliest opportunity.
It is a symbiotic relationship, but be careful as to how much criticism a driver will take. After the end of the HOV, you are at the mercy of the driver, bottom line. Piss me off and you are a pedestrian, and it is a LONG walk home.

Wow,I can see steam coming out of your ears! Can you be a bit nicer in making your points? Didn't your momma teach you that?
Just a couple of comments - wouldn't it be a nice life lesson to your kids to keep your car clean? I have kids too and, admitting that I have a couple of "extra" items in the car once in a while, I do try to keep it clean. Otherwise how can you ask your kids to be neat and clean up after themselves?" [:)] They learn best by example, as we all know.
Also, I would like to remind you that slugging works both ways - YOU would not be able to get to your destination fast if not for BEGGARS in the slugline.
blacksky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blacksky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 11:09pm
VA Slugger, you wrote: "WOW , do I hear a little tartness in your response? ? Sounds like someone commented negatively one time too many on your vehicle in your presence."
No, no one has commented on the condition of my car, but as both a driver and a slug, I know where we stand. If I accept a ride, I say thank you, and try to be as unobtrusive as possible (and usually try to take a nap). I have not, that I remember, been in a car that had a funky smell, with the exception of cigarette smoke at least once.
I understand the driver/slug relationship is symbiotic, but I have a problem with someone complaining while taking advantage of a free ride.

As for Oxi, the slug is saving about $6-$9 or so per trip (depending on distance/vehicle), while as a driver, I save only time (which could be construed as money I guess) while adding mileage/wear and tear to the car and picking up additional liability in case of a crash. I guess, at the risk of being redundantly redundant, if the free ride isn't comfortable/trash free/quick enough etc... it wasn't worth the price you paid--nothing. As a slug, I don't criticize the ride I accepted because the driver didn't have to stop and I've been there on days when I've waited over an hour to get a ride and was very thankful--not critical. I've picked up slugs at 9pm who had no other way home, and didn't complain, they merely thanked me. What I'm saying here is no one owes you a free, comfortable, odor, trash free ride--be grateful someone stops to pick you up at all.
Oxi View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 9:22am
Originally posted by blacksky
the slug is saving about $6-$9 or so per trip (depending on distance/vehicle), while as a driver, I save only time (which could be construed as money I guess) while adding mileage/wear and tear to the car and picking up additional liability in case of a crash.

Dear Blacksky, no one makes you pick up slugs and take HOV - enjoy your car in any shape you want on the regular SLOW SLOW 395 lanes, and then there will be no additional wear and tear and those strange people who like clean cars and fresh air :-)
PS. Where have you found slugs at 9pm?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic