Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Drivers picking out slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
slugcarrier View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugcarrier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2008 at 10:32am
I have a couple of friends, one of them my neighbor, that I will stop short of the head of the slug line and tell them to get in. It is the driver's choice. If they aren't there, I follow the first in line rule, unless of course there is a slug who is next that I don't particularly want in my car again, but that has only happened twice in 7 years of driving.[8D]
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2008 at 10:12am
Worstof, you are 100% correct! The driver always has the opportunity to do a "Will Call". I've done it when I drove in and I've had it happen to me when others saw me standing in line. No harm no foul IMO.
Worstof View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Worstof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2008 at 10:08am
I've been slugging for 3 years and to me, according to the Etiquette and Rules section, seems pretty clear.

Drivers have the option (Will Call) to pick out someone from the slug line.

However a friend of mine who also slugs has the opinion that this is a violation of the rule that "slugs do not take rides out of turn."

I think it is pretty clear that slugs cannot jump the line and take someone's ride while the driver always has the option to pick who rides.

Am I correct or is there some unwritten rule or something I'm not understanding?
Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic