Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need help figuring out my commute!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help figuring out my commute!
    Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 3:27pm
I'm trying to figure out the best way to commute in/out of DC. I live in Daventry and work Downtown. The problem is that I leave work at 2:30pm. Any advice as to how I can manage the slug lines at that early hour?
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 4:04pm
I don't know of any lines that start earlier than 3:30.

You might check the PM line section on the home page and see what info is there. You might have to walk or metro to one of the locations that goes back to Daventry. Other than that, it's probably the bus.

Good luck.
Jacs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 5:00pm
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of!

So, as far as the bus goes, do you think I'll have better luck taking metro to the Pentagon and bussing from there or metro to Springfield and catching the bus?

DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2008 at 5:45pm
I'd guess the former, though I don't know how often the bus runs from the Springfield station.

sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 7:32am
Jacs,

A couple of bus options for you to check out the schedules.

Check the 18G, H, J, and P bus schedules from the P'gon. They all serve the section of Old Keene Mill Rd east of Rolling Road. It looks like at least a couple of them pass by the OKM Rd/Daventry intersection. Metro's maps show its bus routes from the Franconia-Springfield MetroRail/VRE station only going to locations west of Rolling Road.

Also check the Fairfax Connector bus route 310 that runs its westbound route from the Springfield-Franconia MetroRail/VRE station to bus stops along OKM Rd ending at Rolling Valley Mall. (FYI, the route 310 destination in the eastbound direction is the Huntington MetroRail Station.) Just be sure to get on the westbound 310 bus at the Springfield-Franconia Metro station.

Good luck. [:)]
springfieldslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 9:39am
Jacs: I would suggest you take the metro to Pentagon and then from there take the slug line to Daventry... Pentagon lines work very well, and there are plenty to Springfield... I have done this a couple of times as alternatives and has worked very well.

Good luck!
Jacs View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 2:08pm
Thanks all! I appreciate the recommendations and I think I'll try various options until I find one that works well for me. I used to be the driver in the slug lines (I used to go to Bob's in the AM only) and it's so much easier!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic