Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Springfield VA

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wengerda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Springfield VA
    Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 8:11am
I am new resident in the area of Kingstowne. Does Springfield have a slug line going to the Pentagon? I read on this website that is a slug line going to DC but not to the Pentagon. Any suggestions? Thank You.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 8:21am
The closest line to Kingstown, Bob's, doesn't have the Pentagon as a destination. If you are inclined to drive farther down Old Keene Mill Rd, the Daventry line goes there. Check the AM section for a map.

Good luck.
Jody View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 9:14am
Another Pentagon destination is the lot at Sydenstricker Road, an exit off of the Fairfax County Parkway.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 9:33am
Or you can go further west on Old Keene Mill Road to the Rolling Valley Mall commuter lot where there is plenty of available parking up to and past 9 AM. And there are bus alternatives there to and from the Pentagon and the Springfield Metro station.

The Sydenstricker lot, which is mainly for Pentagon slugs, fills up by 7:30 to 7:45 every morning. Daventry is probably the closest Pentagon slug line to Kingstowne -- unless there's a start-up line at the new Backlick Rd commuter lot at the intersection of the Franconia-Springfield Parkway. There have been suggestions and comments on this b'board about starting slug lines there for the people who live east of I-95 in Franconia, Kingstowne, etc. But we've seen nothing about anything taking hold there yet.

Attempts over the past few years to start slug lines at Springfield Mall have all been unsuccesful due to lack of participation.

Good luck.
springfieldslugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote springfieldslugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 12:50pm
Another Pentagon-only destination is the OKM-Rolling Road slug line... the line is next to the gas station and in to the parking lot of the golf course... Commuters park in the designated areas of the Cardinal Plaza shopping center and cross the OKM to get to the slug line.

So, you have several options... you may want to explore a couple to find the best alternative.
wengerda View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wengerda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2008 at 2:01pm
Thank you very much for all your comments.
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 12:18pm
I want to say Thank You to everyone on this message thread. This thread is exactly what I was hoping for when I added the message board to the website.

This is a perfect example of slugs helping slugs!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic